• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My friend's parents robbed on Thanksgiving

Streetbikerr6

imported post

I used to work with a guy and apprently his parents were just robbed at their house in citrus heights recently. When he used to work with me we always spoke about guns and how he should get one. 3 weeks ago he stopped by the office for a visit and told me he just recently turned 21, I told him that he should get a handgun for protection. He feigned interest and I told him like 4 times in the convo he should get a gun and I could help him choose but he didn't take on the offer. Then this happens like a week later to his parents. NUTS!!! Apparently his parents thought it was him at the door, opened it and one of the guys placed a shotgun right underneath the dads chin and asked for their wallets, the dad somehow got in a struggle with the robber and the other robber pointed a gun to his head and told him to give up. Who robs people on Thanksgiving night??? I have yet to talk to the old co-worker but I am sure he will be all for my offer next time I speak to him.

http://www.news10.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=70978&catid=2

CITRUS HEIGHTS, CA - Citrus Heights police have released descriptions of two men who held up residents and robbed them Thursday night.

Lt. Ray Bechler said the two men, who were unknown to the victims, knocked on the door of a home on the 8100 block of Glen Tree Way at 9 p.m. When the homeowners came to the door, the men pointed guns at them and robbed them, Bechler said.

The men left in a vehicle of unknown description, said Bechler.

Police conducted a ground and aerial search of the area did not turn up the robbers, he said.

The homeowners were not hurt.

One robber was described as white, in his early 20s and 6 feet tall. He had brown hair and a goatee. He was wearing dark-colored sweathsirt with a hood and dark pants.

The other robber was described as white, in his early 20s, 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighing 160 pounds. He had on a dark, hooded sweatshirt with a dark-colored baseball cap underneath.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

When my cousin got married, she begged me not to carry at her wedding and reception (the in-laws don't like guns). Of course I honored her wishes, but I later explained why I prefer to carry, even at special events.

Because crazy and criminals don't always take holidays off! In fact, they're more busy. Holidays often mean vacant homes, valuable gifts lying about, etc.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum12/18889.html

Drunken neighbor crashes Thanksgiving party and starts trying to stab guests. Homeowner defends his friends/family with a 2-foot plastic candy cane. (Good thing they got an early start on setting up the Christmas ornaments!)

Birthday parties are another occasion to consider being armed. In 2007 a young boy and his mother were both killed in a "botched home invasion robbery" that occurred as they were setting up for the boy's birthday party. At the time, I remember conducting a Google search to see how often this happens... apparently a lot! (Think about it, valuable gifts around to take... easy to gain access since they're opening the door for guests frequently... pesky neighbors are less likely to be watching since there's a lot of traffic at the home... etc.

After reading some of the stories, I realized that I was guilty of being WAY too lax when it comes to these events. I realized I was making myself an easier victim. I think most of us probably do this. Either we just don't want to, or maybe a family member/friend asks us not to carry. I think it may be a mistake to make exceptions to our defense preparedness.

I believe the worst thing in the world is watching a loved one suffer injury/death and not be able to do anything about it. Many years ago I watched my 7-yr-old brother die a slow, painful death due to cancer. In that case there was nothing I could do, and I can't imagine how much worse it would have felt if there was something I could have done. I don't ever want to find out, so I go armed whenever possible.

Be prepared.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

woody510 wrote:
not to be the a$$ here as a firearm would have helped but i got two words for this story "PEEP HOLE"

I beg to differ.....he was able to get into a struggle.....imagine if he just had to draw and pull a trigger? Who knows but it would have changed the odds.

I'm glad they are alive and hope these scumbags get what they deserve.