• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

how do you carry?

ronlday

imported post

i would like to know how every one here carry. as in what type of holster? what size of gun? revolver or pistol. what caliber. if you use a "in the waist ban holster" and want to wear a jacket or coat. how do you do that? it is starting to get cold here in stagecoach. so how do you open carry with a coat? do most of you have ccw, so you don't have to worry if it gets covered?

thank you for your time.

Ron l day

omegadeity

imported post

I carry a Springfield XD-40

I use the standard XD belt holster that came with the pistol, it's worn on the right side, it gets the job done and I haven't encountered any problems with it retaining the pistol.

I have my CCW so I don't mind if it occasionally gets covered by my jacket when it gets cold out.

That being said, I'm originally from Western New York, so I don't often wear a jacket...even in winter.

Judge.410

imported post

I carry a Kimber Pro Carry II .45 in a Galco belt holster with a thumb break, on one side and 2 extra mags on the other. I have a CCW and don't worry much about it getting covered. I guess it's feeling more at ease, the best of both worlds. I also carry a back up that sometimes even my wife doesn't know what it is or where it is, but she can shoot them all quite well.

The Big Guy

imported post

I carry a Taurus 85 stainless (old one with "real" Brazilian wood handles). It sits in a JST/Galco formed leather holster and I carry it up front.

No CCW, don't want to ask permission to carry out my Constitutional right. I wear at the most a Hooded sweatshirt or light jacket and can put it easily behind the handle, or belt up right over the jacket.

ourmanthejoker

imported post

Ruger p345 with leather galco shoulder rig when I'm wearing something with a collar.

When I'm working (for example our OC trash pickup) beretta 90two (40 cal) with a thigh rig.

jfrey123

imported post

I have a CCW and carry that way 95% of the time. I typically carry IWB, Glock 27 in a Galco clip on leather holster. I can conceal under any shirt I own, and I'll switch to an OWB Fobus holster if I know I'll have a sweatshirt or jacket on all day.

For open carry, real easy to to in Winter time. Me personally, sweatshirt tucked behind the grip of the handgun, or any button up jacket that stops around the belt line works just fine. I specifically got my CCW to ensure an officer can't make the arguement that my jacket was concealing my pistol, but I ended up enjoying CCW more.

ronlday

imported post

thank you for all the info. i think its very interesting how ever one carrys. and i thought it might be interesting to others.

ron l day

Sabotage70

imported post

CC I have a Taurus pt-140 pro in a Kholster iwb holster. And for the few times I have oc'ed it's been with my XDm-40 in a blackhawk serpa level 2 holster. I just picked a kholster for my XDm, but I can't "legally" CC it yet 'cause it's not on my ccw yet. Also have a fobus double mag holster that works for either one on my weak side.

Pic of my holstered pt-140
IMG_0324.jpg

Lostlittlerobot

imported post

Springfield xd9mm on a 5.11 tactical trainer belt right side in a blackhawk serpa level 2 holster with an extra mag in the mag pocket of my 5.11 pants. I like the retention of the serpa over the xd holster, as well as the different angles you can set it up on a belt. And I prefer belt over paddle. And I like the nylon belt over a leather one.

I wear a zippered hoodie when its cold that ends near my belt line, just keep the hoodie onthe inside ofthe gun, not over the outside which would conceal it.
(dunno how to post the picture, but maybe its linked)

bookem03

imported post

I carry a XD-40 in a Blackhawk Sepra and tuck any jacket in behind the grip. I also have a CCW out of Lyon County.I live in Carson City and have never had a problem.:celebrate

Dangerfish

imported post

I carry my Glock 19 in a Safariland 6377. Have 2 extra mags in a Safariland double mag paddel. I run Gold Dot 124g +p.

Anyone who wants whats left of the Serpa I had can have it. Broke the paddel off it, lol.

Remmy

imported post

I OC with my S&W M&P 40C in a crossbreed OWB and a spare mag on the left side blackhawk double stack carrier

When I get my 1911 back from my pops Ill carry that sometimes too in a leather holster FBI cant with thumb break

Hawaii FiveO

imported post

Dangerfish wrote:
I carry my Glock 19 in a Safariland 6377. Have 2 extra mags in a Safariland double mag paddel. I run Gold Dot 124g +p.

Anyone who wants whats left of the Serpa I had can have it. Broke the paddel off it, lol.

DF, I've been looking for a holster for my G19 for sometime now. I googled the holster you have and found this:

http://www.opticsplanet.net/safariland-6377-als-belt-holster-stx-plain-black-right-hand-6377-383-411.html

Is this the one? How'z the price? $38.79 with free shipping sounds pretty good. I was looking at Bianchi at a local uniform shop and they want $85 for a retention model. I balked at that price. Does the 6377 have retention? Or isAutomatic Locking System (ALS) the same thing? How do you like your holster?

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon

Dangerfish

imported post

Yes, that's the one. It will also fit Glock 17, 22, 23, 26, 27, 34, and 35. The price is the lowest I've seen for a Safariland. Little birds tell me that their new modular holsters are coming soon so that might have something to do with it.

Its an amazing holster. Extremely solid and very secure. The ALS is very easy to use. When drawing, your thumb naturally comes to rest on the lock release, simply push down on it and initiate your draw stroke. Really no way to take the gun out of the holster unless you know how.