• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Would you send a gun to defend a British home?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

N6ATF wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
Would the Brits send us guns if we needed them?
Sounds like the interest owed on the guns they dumped would equal a total disarmament of their military, secret services, and police firearms officers, and transfer back to us. I wouldn't mind a HK G36.
The G36's have issues , fore grip heats up fast, no heat shield , the built in sight is constantly out of zero when firing. The German Military despises them.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
N6ATF wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
Sounds like the interest owed on the guns they dumped would equal a total disarmament of their military, secret services, and police firearms officers, and transfer back to us. I wouldn't mind a HK G36.
The G36's have issues , fore grip heats up fast, no heat shield , the built in sight is constantly our of zero when firing. The German Military despises them.
Oh well, guess I gotta ID some other guns in their pics.

David Turner

imported post

Hi chaps,

Where do I start? My first post. I'm English and I find that you all hate us for being spineless Left-Wing wusses.

I ought to leap in, fists flailing in defence of the Mother Country...but the problem is, you're right.

We have allowed ourselves to be disarmed and "made safe" over this past century.

And, you're right that we don't deserve your help in stitching our Country back into some form of Democracy.

But, let me tell you, many English people do not like it. The problem is that they don't know how to go aboutbuilding the Country that they dream of.

Sure, we should have seen this coming, years ago when the Establishment started to chip away at our freedoms. Every murder and gun tragedy was leapt upon by an eager Establishment, supported by a supine Press, and used to drive home the message of the anti-gun lobby. Guns = Crime. Pure and simple.

Almost no-one that I know has ever even heard of an English Bill of Rights. No-one. How could they be expected to defend it, when they didn't even know that it existed?

Anyway, some of us want to change things over here. It's going to be a long slog. We are challenging the same sort of Political Correctness that has given us the term "racism". Mention guns and you'll see either fear or revulsion..."are you some sort of nutter?"

Try and be kind to we English wusses. After all, we've provided you with a remarkable social experiment; a near-perfect example of why you should fight to your last breath in defence of your Bill of Rights. Once you are disarmed, you become a mere Subject, an economic unit...and you forfeit the rights to Citizenship and Democracy.

And, if it was up to me, you'd be exporting all the guns you can make; at least one for every decent man and woman. Plus, we'd pay you for them, this time.

Tomahawk

imported post

Well, Mr. Turner, I don't think we hate you so much as we hate your government's attitude.

Earlier I asked the rhetorical question "Would the Brits send us guns if we needed them?". I imagine the answer is, "Yes, some of them would, if they had any to send."

But certainly your government would never send guns for use by civilians. And, now that I mention, neither would our government do this. The "Progressives" have been running the show in most of the Western governments since WWII and allowing a populace to remain armed is not part of the progressive plan.

The US has resisted UK-style gun control mainly for historical reasons and because we are more removed from the aristrocratic past than Europe and the UK are. Also, the US is still a vast land which is more sparsely populated than Europe, and so there is still a large residual of individualist thinkers. We owe much to the founding generation and the philosophical and constitutional legacy they left us; Australia is similar in many ways tothe US in many ways but has no such historical advantage and therefore has less of an individualist streak.

Good luck in setting things to rights in the UK. John Locke yet lives...

suntzu

imported post

David Turner wrote:
Hi chaps,

Where do I start? My first post. I'm English and I find that you all hate us for being spineless Left-Wing wusses.

I ought to leap in, fists flailing in defence of the Mother Country...but the problem is, you're right.

We have allowed ourselves to be disarmed and "made safe" over this past century.

And, you're right that we don't deserve your help in stitching our Country back into some form of Democracy.

But, let me tell you, many English people do not like it. The problem is that they don't know how to go aboutbuilding the Country that they dream of.

Sure, we should have seen this coming, years ago when the Establishment started to chip away at our freedoms. Every murder and gun tragedy was leapt upon by an eager Establishment, supported by a supine Press, and used to drive home the message of the anti-gun lobby. Guns = Crime. Pure and simple.

Almost no-one that I know has ever even heard of an English Bill of Rights. No-one. How could they be expected to defend it, when they didn't even know that it existed?

Anyway, some of us want to change things over here. It's going to be a long slog. We are challenging the same sort of Political Correctness that has given us the term "racism". Mention guns and you'll see either fear or revulsion..."are you some sort of nutter?"

Try and be kind to we English wusses. After all, we've provided you with a remarkable social experiment; a near-perfect example of why you should fight to your last breath in defence of your Bill of Rights. Once you are disarmed, you become a mere Subject, an economic unit...and you forfeit the rights to Citizenship and Democracy.

And, if it was up to me, you'd be exporting all the guns you can make; at least one for every decent man and woman. Plus, we'd pay you for them, this time.
I have to say--I don't hate the British people--I feel sorry for the people of the United Kingdom, I really do. What I hate is the way the British government has done, and the fact that the British people allowed their government to fear monger them into surrendering their rights. The spineless jellyfish that passes for your government jumped on a couple mass shootings like the Dunblane massacre and used it and the bodies of the deceased as a stepping stone to further their evil, political agenda of totally disarming the British people. The sad part about it--the people allowed their government to fear monger them into giving up their rights to the chant of "guns are evil, guns are bad, just give up your guns and the government will keep us safe"...And that is seriously the chant of the liberal whiners in Britain today--I have spoken to many anti-gun nuts at length on various forums--and they keep repeating the same mantra "guns are evil, the government will protect us"-and it is a LIE.

The facts are clear--taking the guns from the hands of the British people did not solve the gun crime in the UK--the UK has the highest murder rate in all of Europe, and for its size it has a higher crime rate than even the United States, and yet if you present this information to the anti-gun nuts and they simply ignore it as if it is non-existent and they continue with the mantra "guns are evil..." The thing is--that is the SAME argument that our anti-gun nuts are using here to try and strip us of our rights.

As for the English Bill of Rights--I learned about the Magna Carta when I was in the sixth grade--it is considered to be the forerunner of our Constitution. That so few people in the UK even know about the English Bill of Rights is a tragedy--as well as a testament to the way the educational system has sought to dumb down the people in order to make them more subservient to their government.

As for giving us a near perfect example of what awaits us if we fail to be vigilant--yes unfortunately you have. It is my hope that in the coming year we will see even fewer restrictions on our right to keep and bear arms from the state legislatures--I am hoping for the ability to carry a firearm without a permit--hopefully enough pressure can be placed on my state legislature to show them that this is something we want--hopefully. We must stay vigilant--our enemies the anti-gun nuts are out there--and they are not resting in their effort to strip us of our rights--so we must remain vigilant and resist them at every turn.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

N6ATF wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
N6ATF wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
The G36's have issues , fore grip heats up fast, no heat shield , the built in sight is constantly out of zero when firing. The German Military despises them.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
N6ATF wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
N6ATF wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
Blank?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

N6ATF wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
N6ATF wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
N6ATF wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
Blank?
ooops, I don't know what happened. I was going to post, that I tried to find some documentation of what I had said earlier, about the G36 & it's heat issues / loss of zero , but I can't find anything to back what I had said up. I read that stuff somewhere, but I can't find a thing online that says, the G36 has these issues.

in the Movie Miami Vice, they use the G36 in the fire fight sequence. , cool weapon.

Tekman

imported post

I would. I know a lot of Brits, Scots and Irish. Heck my dad was born in Dublin, my mom in Aberdeen and one two of my uncles died in WW2 while he was a radio operator on a bomber. Anyway a lot of those I know angry because their elders just rolled over and took it in the rear without a fight.