• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Signatories of the amicus brief in support of MacDonald v Chicago suit

Thundar

imported post

The Donkey wrote:
There is no question that our two Senators are both strong on the 2A.

There is also no question that they have a different opinion from TFRED on health care, and Holder and Sotomayor. (Or at least I hope so, looking at some of Webb's recent procedural votes on health care). But to my mind those are not really gun issues.

This is not political "clever"ness --this is where these guys are at.
Webb and Warner are fairly marginal 2A supporters. The Virginia Congressional Dems sound more like they are from Massachusetts or California than from the Commonwealth of Virginia. Before you disagree Donkey - 1 word - Scott.

The Donkey

imported post

Thundar wrote:
The Donkey wrote:
There is no question that our two Senators are both strong on the 2A.

There is also no question that they have a different opinion from TFRED on health care, and Holder and Sotomayor. (Or at least I hope so, looking at some of Webb's recent procedural votes on health care). But to my mind those are not really gun issues.

This is not political "clever"ness --this is where these guys are at.
Webb and Warner are fairly marginal 2A supporters. The Virginia Congressional Dems sound more like they are from Massachusetts or California than from the Commonwealth of Virginia. Before you disagree Donkey - 1 word - Scott.

Scott? You mean Bobby?!

Seems like Boucher, Warner and Webb are cut from somewhat different cloth on these issues.

Thundar

imported post

The Donkey wrote:
Thundar wrote:
The Donkey wrote:

... The Virginia Congressional Dems sound more like they are from Massachusetts or California than from the Commonwealth of Virginia. Before you disagree Donkey - 1 word - Scott.

Scott? You mean Bobby?!

Yes. I mean that gun grabbing, freedom hating,DEMOCRAT party scumbag Bobby Scott.

The Donkey

imported post

red_star.gif
Bobby Scott on Gun Control
red_star.gif

Click here for 4 full quotes on Gun Control OR background on Gun Control.
  • Voted NO on prohibiting product misuse lawsuits on gun manufacturers. (Oct 2005)
  • Voted NO on prohibiting suing gunmakers & sellers for gun misuse. (Apr 2003)
  • Voted NO on decreasing gun waiting period from 3 days to 1. (Jun 1999)
  • Rated F by the NRA, indicating a pro-gun control voting record. (Dec 2003)

bluestar.gif
Rick Boucher on Gun Control
bluestar.gif

Click here for 8 full quotes on Gun Control OR background on Gun Control.
  • Voted YES on prohibiting product misuse lawsuits on gun manufacturers. (Oct 2005)
  • Voted YES on prohibiting suing gunmakers & sellers for gun misuse. (Apr 2003)
  • Voted NO on decreasing gun waiting period from 3 days to 1. (Jun 1999)
  • No lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jan 2001)
  • Rated A+ by the NRA, indicating a pro-gun rights voting record. (Dec 2003)
  • Support tradition of hunting on wildlife refuges. (Aug 1994)
  • Individual right to self-defense at home and as self-defense. (Jan 1999)
  • Ban gun registration & trigger lock law in Washington DC. (Mar 2007)

Two different Virginia Democrats -- two very different profiles on the 2nd Amendment.