• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Holster for Walther P22!

Dreamer

imported post

I've been looking for a month for a nice leather holster for my new Walther P22, and not having any luck. The only manufacture that seems to make ANY holster that is made specifically for the P22 is Fobus, and I don't like the Fobus holsters.

I read on one of the Glock forums that many leather and nylon holsters made for the smaller Glocks (26, 27, 29) and some holsters for the Sig 229 would fit the P22.

The other day I did find a Galco Carry Lite for a Glock 29 that fit it pretty well, but I wanted something a little more "stylish" than that, because I'm mainly buying this holster so my stepdaughter can OC, and wear it as a "range holster"...

Well, today, at Mackeys in Jamesville NC, and after about an hour of trying various holsters for small Glocks and Sigs, I found one that is a PERFECT fit. It is a Bianchi Model 59 "Special Agent" holster, fit for the Glock 26 and 29 (#19136) I got one in tan leather, with a paddle mount, and it has a thumb snap retention strap (which was another MUST HAVE feature that I was having a hard time finding. It is a very nicely made holster, the slide fits perfectly, and the cut-out and molding for the trugger guard fits like it was made for the Walther. And the tan leather looks REALLY slick with the black and OD finish on my Walther P22.

So if anyone owns a Walther P22 and wants something a little more traditional and upscale looking than the Fobus, try holsters made for the compact Glock models like the 26, 27, or 29. It is my experience that they are a near-perfect fit.

Pardon the fuzzy pics--they were taken on my phone...

Dreamer

imported post

I also picked up a Blackhawk Pocket holster for the P22. It is their model number 40PP0BK, and is described as fitting "Most sub-compact 9mm/.40 autos."

Fits like a glove, draws smooth and stays put in my pocket when I draw. It also jas just enough padding and coverage to greatly reduce printing in a cargo pocket, or in the pocket of a suit jacket...

Just thought anyone who has a P22 could benefit from this info. As it turns out, although there are few manufacturers marketing holsters SPECIFICALLY for the P22, there are a lot more options than the Fobus paddle. You just need to take your P22 with you, and see what fits. Luckily, the store I got these at (Mackeys) is very cool about letting me try out various holsters with my P22.

And I did all this shopping while OCing my Para Ord...