• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Do any LEOs open carry?

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Lead Lobber wrote:
I saw some stuff from the state of Michigan recently, which brings up the question: What defines OC? A marine is OCing, but has a CCW, which in Michigan requires the weapon to concealed at all time. One is open to arrest if it is not.

You have not cited one law that states you have to CC if you have a CPL in Michigan. Why, because there is no law that states you have to CC if you have a CPL in Michigan. Any person that can lawful possess a handgun in Michigancan OC with or without a CPL.

It is also legal to OC with a loaded weapon in Michigan, unlike your state of California.

Lets move on and I agree you are spreading misinformation in this regard.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Lead Lobber wrote:
LEOs OC on TV, with a badge on their belt. It's been 40 years since I was an LEO. I think OC invites criminals to mug you. So keep your pistol in your pants, boys.

Just my view. :cool:

MANY of us have been OCing in Virginia for a LONG time. NO ONE has mugged YET! :banghead:

Please CITE evidence supportiing your silly@$$ theory... :)

Quite the contrary. Most criminals or scumbags that appear to be criminals (I didn't see them commit any crimes, but they just look like they may be up to "No good") DISAPPEAR quickly when they see an OCer. THIS has happened MANY times and has been DOCUMENTED. Just read posts from the states. We have a few of them in Virginia.

We have found in Virginia that OCing usually improves the manners of everyone around us. You would be amazed at how polite people become when they jump to certain conclusions in their minds... If anyone ever asks, we ALWAYS inform them about OC and the legality of it in our state.

We really enjoy educating the public. Its just an amusing bonus when you see a "young upstanding citizen" with his pants around his knees and his underwear showing nearly fall down while he makes a hasty departure from the area.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Just so we are all clear. User LEAD LOBBER has been banned and will not be posting any responses, let alone citations to law.

Based on reading his posts, I suspect that IF he was in law enforcement it was very likely with the KGB rather than any US organization. So it stands to reason that his grasp of US laws might be weak.

Regards

Michigander

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
MANY of us have been OCing in Virginia for a LONG time. NO ONE has mugged YET! :banghead:

I don't have time to look it up right now, but I have seen a story which I believe was from Virginia about a youngman open carrying at about 4 am getting mugged and having his gun stolen.

It hasn't happened often to non uniformed people, but then againplain clothes OCers arevastly outnumbered by uniformed OCers. It can happen, and it will probably happen more often as OCing grows and grows. But anyone can get attacked at any time, and I don't think it means much as it relates to OC.

Gordie

imported post

If anyone can cite a confirmed case of an OCer getting mugged and losing his/her gun, please post it. I have been unable to find one.

1245A Defender

imported post

Gordie wrote:
If anyone can cite a confirmed case of an OCer getting mugged and losing his/her gun, please post it. I have been unable to find one.
read the exploits of anty506 the 4th post is his story of how he was dissarmed at a party! now hes in jail for murder! its the only story ive everread of an actual gun grab! Anybody know Anty506 new news?

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Michigander wrote:
MSC 45ACP wrote:
MANY of us have been OCing in Virginia for a LONG time.  NO ONE has mugged YET! :banghead:

I don't have time to look it up right now, but I have seen a story which I believe was from Virginia about a young man open carrying at about 4 am getting mugged and having his gun stolen. 

It hasn't happened often to non uniformed people, but then again plain clothes OCers are vastly outnumbered by uniformed OCers. It can happen, and it will probably happen more often as OCing grows and grows. But anyone can get attacked at any time, and I don't think it means much as it relates to OC.

I remember this as well but I think the guy was able to retain the weapon. If memory serves this was in Fairfax County Virginia about a year ago. Anybody remember the local paper that carried the story? We should be able to find it here in the forum as it was discussed at length at the time.

Regards

Decoligny

imported post

simmonsjoe wrote:
Was banning Lead Lobber based just on this thread?
No he was pretty off base in a couple of other threads. Getting into personal attacks and name calling.

He really should have called himself "**** Lobber".

Gordie

imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
Gordie wrote:
read the exploits of anty506 the 4th post is his story of how he was dissarmed at a party! now hes in jail for murder! its the only story ive everread of an actual gun grab! Anybody know Anty506 new news?
Yeah, but that guy was looking for trouble. I don't know if he counts. I think most of us would agree that he is not an example of the average OCer.

bigdaddy1

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
Just so we are all clear. User LEAD LOBBER has been banned and will not be posting any responses, let alone citations to law.

Based on reading his posts, I suspect that IF he was in law enforcement it was very likely with the KGB rather than any US organization. So it stands to reason that his grasp of US laws might be weak.

Regards
Now thats funny!:lol:

bigdaddy1

imported post

Michigander wrote:
MSC 45ACP wrote:

I don't have time to look it up right now, but I have seen a story which I believe was from Virginia about a youngman open carrying at about 4 am getting mugged and having his gun stolen.

It hasn't happened often to non uniformed people, but then againplain clothes OCers arevastly outnumbered by uniformed OCers. It can happen, and it will probably happen more often as OCing grows and grows. But anyone can get attacked at any time, and I don't think it means much as it relates to OC.

It can happen if your unaware of your surroundings and situations. If your seen OC down the street, someone spots you and sneeks up behind you and "whack" your down...

Just means you need to ALWAYS be aware of what is happening around you

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Kimberguy wrote:
simmonsjoe wrote:
sudden valley gunner wrote:
MY wife was born in August and she carries, sometimes.
It took me waaaay to long to get that.
i still don't get it..... am a rah tard?
leo.gif
LEO :)