• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Young woman dragged from her car

Bull Frog

imported post

Julia Corker, a senator's daughter was car jacked in the nation's capital. Does this give you second thoughts about how to protect citizens, Senator?

What is your voting record on self defense, cork for brains?

Senator Corker, I'm glad to hear that your daughter survived the encounter.

What about next time? Will she be packing a .45 to explode in her attacker's face? Or just get lucky again?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Lead Lobber wrote:
Julia Corker, a senator's daughter was car jacked in the nation's capital. Does this give you second thoughts about how to protect citizens, Senator?

What about next time? Will she be packing a .45 to explode in her attacker's face? Or just get lucky again?
Any link available?

Yata hey

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Lead Lobber wrote:

i am guessing after his daughters attack he will start voting in favor of our 2nd Amendment rights, he will be contacted by the NRA soon & within weeks will be a lifetime member & will be sporting a new nickel plated NRA engraved Colt 45 .

Bull Frog

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Lead Lobber wrote:

Any link available?

Yata hey

A little sloppy with documentation I was - try googling key phrases, like stupid legislators, daughters out of control, and cork price control. Good luck, Corker. What upsets me is how your name rhymes with "porker", a perfect name for all politicians.

TFred

imported post

Senator Corker was graded "A" by the NRA during his last election campaign for the Senate in 2006.

Some of his recent votes and positions can be found here: http://www.ontheissues.org/Domestic/Bob_Corker_Gun_Control.htm

(Which by the way, included this: "Corker co-sponsored banning gun registration & trigger lock law in Washington DC.")

I'd be more than willing to trade him for either one of the two lying Obamabots we have here in Virginia.

TFred

eyesopened

imported post

One of my female friends told me a story of something similar happening to her. She wasn't car jacked, but some guy knocked on her window while she was stopped in DC. She was stuck at the light but she pretended that she couldn't hear the guy and did not lower the window or anything like that. Guy started to bang on the window and the first chance she got, she slammed ont he gas and got out of there.

The senators daughter could have possibley avoided the incidence if she had practiced some situational awareness and common sense.

Dreamer

imported post

I lived in NoVa for 15 years, and worked in the District for about 6 of those years. There are places in DC where I wouldn't bring my vehicle to a full stop for anything short of an armed military roadblock. Navigating through stop signs using "roll-stops" was actually recommended by DC Metro officers to me on several occasions...

Shortly after I first moved to the area in the fall of 1987, I was driving home from Union Station (I was buying an Amtrack Ticket to take a traint trip that weekend). I was dressed for work (tie, sportscoat, and "hard shoes") and driving my 1969 VW Beetle. I got turned around and sort of lost due to a construction detour, and the next thing I knew, I was crossing the Anacostia Bridge. It was about 11pm on a weeknight. At that point in DC's histoy, Anacostia was essentially the East Coast branch of Compton CA--burned out cars, boarded up buildings, abandonded businesses, roving bands of feloniously armed hoodlums--it was NOT a nice place.

After trying to figure out how to get back into NoVA and having no luck for about 15 minutes (this was Pre cell phones and Pre GPS) I found an open 7-11 and wheeled into the parking lot. This 7-11 looked like it had been built by the same folks who built Fort Knox--it had a 2" thick plexiglass bullet proof cage around the cashier, iron bars on the windows, and because of the late hour, the cooler cases with beer in them were actually chained and locked. It was creepy...

A little old black man was behind the counter--probably 50 or 60, and wearing a cardigan and a bow tie (I can't make this stuff up!) and as I approached his eyes got really big and he spoke before I could ask for directions, saying "hey son, you sure are lost, huh?" I chuckled and told him yes, and he gave me excellent directions, and told me not to stop for anything--stop signs, lights, people in the street--nothing. I got back to the "civilized" side of the river without incident.

Now this was when VA was a "shall issue" state, and I did not have any sort of permit, and DC was a "no possession" venue (and was SOOOO safe because of it...) But I was young, and a bit of a bumpkin from WV and didn't realise just how seriously they took gun laws out there. Shortly thereafter I purchased my first handgun--a Taurus 689 with a 4" barrel, and a Bianchi shoulder holster.

I lived in the DC metro area for 15 years with almost no incidents. The gods watch over children and idiots, I guess...

These days, I just don't go into DC at all unless I absolutely have to. I've been successfuly avoiding DC for about 10 years, but now that I've got a granddaughter in MD and I'm an MFA candidate in grad school, it looks like occasional trips to DC (school research and family trips to the Library of Congress, and the Museums) will become unavoidable...

I just know the "rules" now, and I know there are some things you just DO NOT do, like roll down you rwindow for some idiot who walks up to your vehicle. I also carry a BIG-ASS can of bear mace and a 6-D-Cell MagLight in my car at all times. Just because I've been statutorily disarmed while visiting DC doesn't mean I will give the city absolute consent to become a victim...

TFred

imported post

Dreamer wrote:
I just know the "rules" now, and I know there are some things you just DO NOT do, like roll down you rwindow for some idiot who walks up to your vehicle. I also carry a BIG-ASS can of bear mace and a 6-D-Cell MagLight in my car at all times. Just because I've been statutorily disarmed while visiting DC doesn't mean I will give the city absolute consent to become a victim...
Apparently DC has some sort of a Mace registration scheme (and like you said, one can't make this stuff up!) It is unclear if it applies to non-residents, that would seem to be problematic with the number of visitors they get, and the requirement that the vendor submit the registration info. Out of state vendors would not likely even have the forms.

http://www.peacemakerpepperspray.com/page/894784

Scroll down to the DC section.

TFred

REX681959

imported post

DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA:[size= [b]Legal with restrictions[/b]. ]lawful if used or possessed by a person 18 or over “in the exercise of reasonable force in defense of the person or the person’s property only if it is propelled from an aerosol container, labeled with or accompanied by clearly written instructions as to its use, and dated to indicate its anticipated useful life.” The buyer must complete a registration form, and the vendor must forward the form to the Metropolitan Police Department.[size=]

Hey here's an idea let's disarm EVERYONE including the police, ALL government employees, secret service, everyone. No knives no forks no guns no chopsticks...LOLThen there will never be another death in DC again EVER. Everyone who lives there will live forever. Doesn't that make sense to you?

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sen Bob Corker (R-TN)is very pro-gun as is our other Sen. Lamar Alexander (R). I think most of our US Reps are too.

Lead Lobber, you might want to start doing a bit of research before shooting your mouth off, in the future.

Decoligny

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Sen Bob Corker (R-TN)is very pro-gun as is our other Sen. Lamar Alexander (R). I think most of our US Reps are too.

Lead Lobber, you might want to start doing a bit of research before shooting your mouth off, in the future.
Lead Lobber is currently banned. He couldn't keep himself under control. He started trolling on several threads, posting personal attacks and just being a jerk. hopefully it is a permanent ban.

markand

imported post

Some years ago, my wife (now ex-wife) was in Georgetown, a part of DC, one fine evening. A carload of 4 young men ran her off the road and managed to get her stopped. They exited and were pounding on the windows and trying to open the fortunately locked doors. They also shouted junk like, "Out of the car, bitch..."

She got away by driving around them, possibly on a sidewalk, if I remember correctly. She called DC police 911 immediately. Conversation goes like this:

911: What is your emergency?
Wife: Car with 4 guys just ran me off the road and tried to get me out of my mine.
911: Did they display any weapons, like a gun, knife, tire iron, screwdriver, icepick or anything like that?
Wife: Uh, no.
911: Did their car strike yours?
Wife: No.
911: Did they make any verbal threats to hurt you?
Wife: Well, "out of the car, bitch" sounded pretty threatening to me.
911: Ma'am, no crime has really been committed here. I can't really justify sending an officer to see you.

Needless to say, they didn't send an officer and those 4 guys are probably still out there doing their thing. Guess she should have been a Senator's daughter or something.