Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33

Thread: LOC Meet & Shoot in SoCal

  1. #1
    Regular Member wewd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    664

    Post imported post

    4th Monthly Meetup

    Location: Just off Hwy 111, near Palm Springs, in unincorporated Riverside County on BLM land. (Google Maps link)

    Date & Time: Saturday, December 12th, 12:00 PM.

    This time we're LOCing and shooting!




    We will be meeting just off Highway 111 near Palm Springs for a meet & shoot on BLM land. Bring all the guns and ammo you intend to shoot. This is not a managed range and there are no gun rentals or ammunition sales at this site. Bring your own targets and tables, if you wish to use them. Bring your own hearing and eye protection!

    This will be a Bring Your Own Food event. If you want to bring a BBQ grill and cook, you are more than welcome to. Please post any equipment and/or food items you intend to bring in the thread. Please bring plenty of water to drink. We will be in the desert in the sun and it may be warm.

    The location can be accessed from Highway 111, off the 10 Freeway. Please see the Google Maps link. The turnoff road is located approximately halfway between the ATV rental area and the road to the Aerial Tramway.

    The coordinates are N 33° 52' 41", W 116° 35' 41", if you wish to program them into your GPS.

    Hope to see you all there.
    Do you want to enjoy liberty in your lifetime?

    Consider moving to New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project.

    "Live Free or Die"

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Riverside County, California, USA
    Posts
    353

    Post imported post

    I'll definitely try to make it. I missed the last meet up, and this one sounds too good to miss.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Harrah, Oklahoma
    Posts
    769

    Post imported post

    I'll be there as well. I'm not to sure if the wife can make it or not.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...
    Stolen from ConditionThree because it can't be stressed enough.

  4. #4
    Regular Member leoffensive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Diego, California, USA
    Posts
    309

    Post imported post

    hopefully i can go if i can car pool with chewy

  5. #5
    Regular Member Legend_AB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Redlands, California, USA
    Posts
    67

    Post imported post

    See you all there!

  6. #6
    Regular Member demnogis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Orange County, California, USA
    Posts
    912

    Post imported post

    Is this truck-only accessible? I've only got a car and it's really low, not made for dune cruising.
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Gundude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sandy Eggo County
    Posts
    1,691

    Post imported post

    Here is a screen shot of the entrance....Google street view.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs.

  8. #8
    Regular Member wewd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    664

    Post imported post

    Cars are fine.
    Do you want to enjoy liberty in your lifetime?

    Consider moving to New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project.

    "Live Free or Die"

  9. #9
    Regular Member demnogis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Orange County, California, USA
    Posts
    912

    Post imported post

    Gonna try to attend... This time of year gets real busy on weekends with the family.
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Orange County, California, USA
    Posts
    90

    Post imported post

    So, anybody bringing a BBQ?

    I'll bring some of Nopal's world-famous burger pattiesif someone brings the grill. MyBBQ grill is a pain to transport.

  11. #11
    Regular Member demnogis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Orange County, California, USA
    Posts
    912

    Post imported post

    I am really wishing I had a chance to bogart my dad's coleman propane grill... Greatest thing for cooking when you gotta pack light!

    We may have to set up a fire pit and get a metal rack to cook.

    Nopal wrote:
    So, anybody bringing a BBQ?**

    I'll bring some of Nopal's world-famous burger patties*if someone brings the grill.* My*BBQ grill is a pain to transport.
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

  12. #12
    Regular Member wewd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    664

    Post imported post

    We are keeping an eye on the weather for this meet. The current forecast from the NWS is 20% chance of rain throughout the day. Hopefully that number does not rise significantly, or we may need to postpone the meet. But I am willing to stick it out. My guns are all stainless or parkerized.
    Do you want to enjoy liberty in your lifetime?

    Consider moving to New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project.

    "Live Free or Die"

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Riverside County, California, USA
    Posts
    353

    Post imported post

    wewd wrote:
    We are keeping an eye on the weather for this meet. The current forecast from the NWS is 20% chance of rain throughout the day. Hopefully that number does not rise significantly, or we may need to postpone the meet. But I am willing to stick it out. My guns are all stainless or parkerized.
    Put me down as a vote for rain or shine.

    Anybody have paper targets they are willing to sell at the shoot? I have a wooden fold up stand and a steel duel target (I've never tried the duel target, so if the location isn't ideal it will stay in the trunk). If not, I'll find somewhere to stop on the way.

  14. #14
    Regular Member wewd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    664

    Post imported post

    I have some targets and will be picking up more before saturday. I might build another target stand as well. I made one out of ABS drain pipe and it works great. Don't use PVC because it shatters when it gets hit.
    Do you want to enjoy liberty in your lifetime?

    Consider moving to New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project.

    "Live Free or Die"

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Riverside County, California, USA
    Posts
    353

    Post imported post

    wewd wrote:
    I have some targets and will be picking up more before saturday. I might build another target stand as well. I made one out of ABS drain pipe and it works great. Don't use PVC because it shatters when it gets hit.
    I just have one stand made out of 2x4s from an old pallet. I've come up with much better designs (the one I have works great but isn't very material efficient), but I haven't gotten much use out of the one I have so far.

  16. #16
    Regular Member demnogis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Orange County, California, USA
    Posts
    912

    Post imported post

    *bump*

    Are we looking at stormy weather for this Saturday?
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

  17. #17
    Regular Member Gundude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sandy Eggo County
    Posts
    1,691

    Post imported post

    demnogis wrote:
    *bump*

    Are we looking at stormy weather for this Saturday?
    AccuWeather.com saysmostly cloudy, 65f
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs.

  18. #18
    Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Temecula, California, USA
    Posts
    1,660

    Post imported post

    Weather.com says a high of 62 degrees F and a 30% chance of showers. There's a 70% chance I will be there!
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Riverside County, California, USA
    Posts
    353

    Post imported post

    coolusername2007 wrote:
    Weather.com says a high of 62 degrees F and a 30% chance of showers.* There's a 70% chance I will be there!*
    Who all will be there rain or shine. I'm fine with the rain, but not with being the only person there. If nobody is going to show if it rains, it might be better to bump it back a week.

  20. #20
    Regular Member wewd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    664

    Post imported post

    The rain is not supposed to roll in until later in the evening. I'm still seeing 20% chance for the morning and afternoon. Looks as favorable as can be expected at this time of year. I'll be there about 10 to reserve a spot. See you all tomorrow!
    Do you want to enjoy liberty in your lifetime?

    Consider moving to New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project.

    "Live Free or Die"

  21. #21
    Regular Member demnogis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Orange County, California, USA
    Posts
    912

    Post imported post

    Looks like I may work. 50% chance I will be there. I'll check the weather forecast when i'm done working tonight.

    Damnit. Can't wait to get a raise.
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Riverside County, California, USA
    Posts
    353

    Post imported post

    demnogis wrote:
    Looks like I may work. 50% chance I will be there. I'll check the weather forecast when i'm done working tonight.

    Damnit. Can't wait to get a raise.
    These days, I'm glad to have a job.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Orange County, California, USA
    Posts
    90

    Post imported post

    I'll be there. Bringing two guests, and matching ponchos.

  24. #24
    Regular Member wewd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    664

    Post imported post

    Had a great time with everyone today. The weather held out and we didn't get more than very brief drizzle. We'll do another one of these for sure. I'll bring more clays and more birdshot next time.
    Do you want to enjoy liberty in your lifetime?

    Consider moving to New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project.

    "Live Free or Die"

  25. #25
    Regular Member Ranchero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    NORCO, California, USA
    Posts
    119

    Post imported post

    Where can I find a BLM map? Or a map where you can legaly shoot?
    FREEDOM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •