• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LOC Meet & Shoot in SoCal

wewd

imported post

Had a great time with everyone today. The weather held out and we didn't get more than very brief drizzle. We'll do another one of these for sure. I'll bring more clays and more birdshot next time. :)

leoffensive

imported post

wewd wrote:
Had a great time with everyone today. The weather held out and we didn't get more than very brief drizzle. We'll do another one of these for sure. I'll bring more clays and more birdshot next time. :)
for sure ill bring my truck and ill pick up one of those clay launchers for like 20 bucks at wallyworld so no one has throw out their arm

wewd

imported post

Ranchero wrote:
Where can I find a BLM map? Or a map where you can legaly shoot?

Your local BLM office should have them. They may also have them at Forest Service (Ranger) stations. I have several National Forest maps that also show all of the BLM land tracts in the area. But you should be aware that even on federal public lands where shooting and hunting are generally legal, local county discharge laws still apply. You need to look up those laws in your local county's code. In Riverside county where we were yesterday, you are not allowed to discharge a firearm within 300 yards of any road or occupied structure, or within 1 mile of any city limit. Those types of laws vary from county to county. Your county government may have maps available that show where the boundaries are for areas that have been closed to shooting.

wewd

imported post

Get a Limbsaver pad. They weren't kidding when they came up with the name.

Nopal

imported post

leoffensive wrote:
wewd wrote:
for sure ill bring my truck and ill pick up one of those clay launchers for like 20 bucks at wallyworld so no one has throw out their arm
I've got one ready to go, it's just that it didn't fit on my car.