• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LOC Meet & Shoot in SoCal

wewd

imported post

4th Monthly Meetup

Location: Just off Hwy 111, near Palm Springs, in unincorporated Riverside County on BLM land. (Google Maps link)

Date & Time: Saturday, December 12th, 12:00 PM.

This time we're LOCing and shooting!

We will be meeting just off Highway 111 near Palm Springs for a meet & shoot on BLM land. Bring all the guns and ammo you intend to shoot. This is not a managed range and there are no gun rentals or ammunition sales at this site. Bring your own targets and tables, if you wish to use them. Bring your own hearing and eye protection!

This will be a Bring Your Own Food event. If you want to bring a BBQ grill and cook, you are more than welcome to. Please post any equipment and/or food items you intend to bring in the thread. Please bring plenty of water to drink. We will be in the desert in the sun and it may be warm.

The location can be accessed from Highway 111, off the 10 Freeway. Please see the Google Maps link. The turnoff road is located approximately halfway between the ATV rental area and the road to the Aerial Tramway.

The coordinates are N 33° 52' 41", W 116° 35' 41", if you wish to program them into your GPS.

Hope to see you all there.

demnogis

imported post

I am really wishing I had a chance to bogart my dad's coleman propane grill... Greatest thing for cooking when you gotta pack light!

We may have to set up a fire pit and get a metal rack to cook.

Nopal wrote:
So, anybody bringing a BBQ?  

I'll bring some of Nopal's world-famous burger patties if someone brings the grill.  My BBQ grill is a pain to transport.

wewd

imported post

We are keeping an eye on the weather for this meet. The current forecast from the NWS is 20% chance of rain throughout the day. Hopefully that number does not rise significantly, or we may need to postpone the meet. But I am willing to stick it out. My guns are all stainless or parkerized. :lol:

inbox485

imported post

wewd wrote:
We are keeping an eye on the weather for this meet. The current forecast from the NWS is 20% chance of rain throughout the day. Hopefully that number does not rise significantly, or we may need to postpone the meet. But I am willing to stick it out. My guns are all stainless or parkerized. :lol:

Put me down as a vote for rain or shine.

Anybody have paper targets they are willing to sell at the shoot? I have a wooden fold up stand and a steel duel target (I've never tried the duel target, so if the location isn't ideal it will stay in the trunk). If not, I'll find somewhere to stop on the way.

wewd

imported post

I have some targets and will be picking up more before saturday. I might build another target stand as well. I made one out of ABS drain pipe and it works great. Don't use PVC because it shatters when it gets hit.

inbox485

imported post

wewd wrote:
I have some targets and will be picking up more before saturday. I might build another target stand as well. I made one out of ABS drain pipe and it works great. Don't use PVC because it shatters when it gets hit.

I just have one stand made out of 2x4s from an old pallet. I've come up with much better designs (the one I have works great but isn't very material efficient), but I haven't gotten much use out of the one I have so far.

inbox485

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
Weather.com says a high of 62 degrees F and a 30% chance of showers.  There's a 70% chance I will be there!  :cool:

Who all will be there rain or shine. I'm fine with the rain, but not with being the only person there. If nobody is going to show if it rains, it might be better to bump it back a week.

wewd

imported post

The rain is not supposed to roll in until later in the evening. I'm still seeing 20% chance for the morning and afternoon. Looks as favorable as can be expected at this time of year. I'll be there about 10 to reserve a spot. See you all tomorrow!