Thread: Fire Safe from Costco - $579

Post imported post

I was just perusing the Costco monthly coupon clipper and they had a Cannon Safe EX20 (19.44 Cu Ft) Fire Safe on sale for $579 with Shipping included.

It comes with an electronic lock and 3 point handle.

Here is the link if anyone is interested: http://tinyurl.com/yzzdfyx

Post imported post

Ooooooh.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

Post imported post

Sooooo, who has a cannon to test it out???

Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

State of Disbelief in King County, Washington, USA

Post imported post

YEah and if you buy one in the store it's $499, and they will help get it into the truck... getting it out is your problem... BUT WAIT

If you spend $579 they'll put it in your driveway or curb whichever is handier. Moving it from there is your problem.

So for $80 you save the driving. You are still left with getting it into the hous or apartment.

Had a long talk with the Costco peeps today down in Tukwila. I think i'll have some friends over next weekend for a "Holiday" get together. Maybe they'll help me since they'll be handy. might forget to tell um before hand too. OOOOOPS.

Post imported post

Does it have locking pins all around the door or just on one side?

Does it bolt to the floor?
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

Shooters before hooters.

Post imported post

I bought the $499 in-store Winchester model and am very happy with it. 1" bolts x 10 covering all four sides. Looks nearly identical to the online version. Bolted to the floor and tricked out with home-brew interior lighting. One less thing to worry about when away from home.
    "Government is not the solution to our problems. Government is the problem" Ronald Reagan 20 January 1981

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." George Washington

Post imported post

how many long guns will it hold? I may need more room that that. I read the link and definitely liked the built in humidor
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

Post imported post

Holds up to 24 long guns in all rifle mode

Per the link above.

Post imported post

Ok Dumb question but I live in Spokane where I dont worry at all about Humidity...

What is the point of having a humidifier in your safe? Why would one want such a thing?

storing cigars?

Post imported post

It's a nice Residential Security Container. You might want to check out the Youtube vids showing these being forced open in one minute or less before you buy. Try a search for 'Head to Head safe pry test'. Good luck!

Post imported post

Oops, quoted wrong post...

Post imported post

brianstone1985 wrote:
    Ok Dumb question but I live in Spokane where I dont worry at all about Humidity...

What is the point of having a humidifier in your safe? Why would one want such a thing?

storing cigars?

I think he meant "de-humidifier"...

:celebrate

Post imported post

Thats sucks!!! No delivery to Hawaii.
    "My dedication to my country's flag rests on my ardent belief in this noblest of causes, equality for all. If my future rests under this earth rather than upon it, I fear not."

-Leopold Karpeles, US Civil War Medal of Honor Recipient

Post imported post

The head to head pry test is set up and funded by the liberty safe company. They purposely block the angle of the second guy because he isn't working very hard to pry. It is disturbing that the other safe can be opened at all, however without being there to witness the job it ishard tell if the door was properly locked or if the competitor safe doorhad been compromised. Hopefully the upright, bolted to the floor position with decrease the success of this happening. I am not for or against either safe because I am currently shopping for one myself. For you shoppers out there, critically judge things for yourself.

Post imported post

Judging by the price and features, this must be a re-branded and custom for Costco safe from Cannon's "Patriot" line.

http://www.cannonsafe.com/

What I dont like is that I dont see anything on any of the product statistics that says how many locking bolts each safe has. Even their product videos omit it. Ill have to see this safe for myself, but it looks like this one only has the 4 bolts on the one side.

Post imported post

Wholesale Sports (formerly Sportsman's Warehouse) sells the Browning and Yukon Gold (Browning with cosmetic differences). During the time I worked there, we sold 3 different mfg safe.

The fire rating is one thing to be aware of. Most companies start the clock when they start the "burn" on the safe, and run it until the temp gets to 1200 degrees. Browning starts the clock when the temp reaches 1200 and continues for 30 minutes.

The locking system on the Browning uses an eccentric element that prevents drilling and striking the locking bars to defeat the lock. I will not explain how this can be done on this forum, but if you ask me at one of the OC dinners, I will explain it in detail. Takes less than 3 minutes to explain, and about 5 minutes to do.

Check the floor of the safe, if there is a lip on the door jamb, the safe will hold water after a fire. YOU WILL GET WATER IN A SAFE DURING A FIRE. Check the depth of insulation around the door and the top of the safe. Determine the type insulation also. It should be a drywall type that will hold water by absorption. This helps in keeping the interior cool.

The easiest way to rip a safe is from the back side. A safe bolted to the floor with the back to an INTERIOR wall is the best .