Thread: Want to know before hand

Post imported post

I have a question with the OC. I have a drop leg holster with the extra mag pouch up front. If I unload my weapon, lock it in a case, leave my holster and the mag on my leg, am I legal to drive?

Post imported post

Sure, why not? There's no requirement to have mags, ammo or holsters transported any particular way in a vehicle. The firearm must be encased.... nothing else does.
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Post imported post

Shotgun is correct. But I have to ask, now that winter is on us, how does the leg holster feel? I have been thinking about one, but am not sure I will like the way it fits/feels. I would think the draw would be real fast, but the weight on my leg might be a bit odd for me...

Post imported post

I wear a Safariland Kydex drop leg holster and I find it a bit different after years of carrying on the hip but for the most part, after a couple of hours, I really do not even know it is there.

I have mine on a belt that goes over my coat so it stands out pretty well. It also has three mag pouches, a flashlight holster, and a possibles pouch on the belt. I don't really appreciate how much it stands out but until I come up with something better, it'll have to do.

I have toyed with the idea of using it with the belt on my pants but I need to purchase a shorter coat for that, even with the drop leg. It is just as smooth on the draw and very secure.

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

I've used drop leg holsters through most of my military career so it feels natural to me.

Post imported post

xxlbigcountry14 wrote:
    I have a question with the OC. I have a drop leg holster with the extra mag pouch up front. If I unload my weapon, lock it in a case, leave my holster and the mag on my leg, am I legal to drive?
    WELCOME!

Yes, you can carry ammunition on your person in your car. I suggest reading this http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum57/27414.htmlthread, ask additional question if you have them, and then ENJOY!