• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Want to know before hand

xxlbigcountry14

imported post

I have a question with the OC. I have a drop leg holster with the extra mag pouch up front. If I unload my weapon, lock it in a case, leave my holster and the mag on my leg, am I legal to drive?

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Sure, why not? There's no requirement to have mags, ammo or holsters transported any particular way in a vehicle. The firearm must be encased.... nothing else does.

AaronS

imported post

Shotgun is correct. But I have to ask, now that winter is on us, how does the leg holster feel? I have been thinking about one, but am not sure I will like the way it fits/feels. I would think the draw would be real fast, but the weight on my leg might be a bit odd for me...

hardballer

imported post

I wear a Safariland Kydex drop leg holster and I find it a bit different after years of carrying on the hip but for the most part, after a couple of hours, I really do not even know it is there.

I have mine on a belt that goes over my coat so it stands out pretty well. It also has three mag pouches, a flashlight holster, and a possibles pouch on the belt. I don't really appreciate how much it stands out but until I come up with something better, it'll have to do.

I have toyed with the idea of using it with the belt on my pants but I need to purchase a shorter coat for that, even with the drop leg. It is just as smooth on the draw and very secure.

Support The 2nd

imported post

xxlbigcountry14 wrote:
I have a question with the OC. I have a drop leg holster with the extra mag pouch up front. If I unload my weapon, lock it in a case, leave my holster and the mag on my leg, am I legal to drive?

WELCOME!

Yes, you can carry ammunition on your person in your car. I suggest reading this http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum57/27414.htmlthread, ask additional question if you have them, and then ENJOY!