• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My open and concealed gun leather

SiRed91

imported post

I recently decided to carry whenever possible do to a confrontation with a meth addict whilst out shopping. Anyway..here are my rigs for carry, made by Eric @ HBEleatherworks.com

My open carry 1911 in bullhide and elephant

15ev31v.jpg

My concealed rig in sharkskin and bullhide for my 1911's

2wp2ird.jpg

AND my primary carry is a 2inch 357 in bullhide and shark (I love shark)

apk1h2.jpg

I absolutely love Eric's work with leather, I coudn't be any more pleased.

SsevenN

imported post

Very nice rigs you have there.

That shark skin holster must have cost a pretty penny.:shock:

Being traditionally cow/horse hide guy, how much does a bull hide holster run you?

SiRed91

imported post

I cant tell the difference between the bullhide or horsehide, I had him make me a horsehide holster for another gun and other than being a tad thinner I couldnt tell ya the difference....and no diff in price really..

The retention on the OC holster is just as good as any out there other than a button release holster....I really like it, it hugs the body very well and you better be serious when drawing, it won't just fall out LOL

TechnoWeenie

imported post

You need retention dude...

I don't have retention on IWB or conceal only holsters, but ALL of my OC holsters have retention.

OC without retention = irresponsible ; IMHO

kito109654

imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
You need retention dude...

I don't have retention on IWB or conceal only holsters, but ALL of my OC holsters have retention.

OC without retention = irresponsible ; IMHO

Ever used a quality leather holster with a good custom molded fit? I get the feeling you haven't.

A thumb strap is not the only form of retention.