• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL Lobby Day was on Martin Luther King's birthday - Monday, January 18th.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I certainly plan to be there.

Does anyone know if Abby Spangler is going to hold one of her 60's style "fist-raising, yelling- into- the -microphone" type rallies? They can be amusing in a pathetic sort of way, and we can always outnumber them and behave in a more mature fashion. The contrast isn't lost on those who aren't sure which group to respect. The Capitol Police certainly noticed the difference last year, and had no problems with us at all.

I know one big agenda item is the restaurant bill, which we probably will get passed and signed this year. I must admit a little personal ambivalence about this, as I rather like the idea that I HAVE to OC in a restaurant, "because its the only legal way to carry here, Mr. Manager." Its a loophole I can live with. I can carry my 1911 comfortably with OC. YMMV, and I will support the rest of you on the carry bill. :D

Regarding loopholes, one issue should be to forbid newspapers and the like from publishing CC licence information which they can get from local court records. Right now, they are only forbidden from getting the whole list from the State Police. I think its the Free Lance (Red) Star from Roanoke that still does this, though I forget the name of the odious little gerbil who was responsible for the practice.

The gun show issue will be on the perennial list, but I'll be eager to hear what else Phil has on his agenda this year. :)

I might even get a motel room for the night before so I can get up and be there really early for a good parking spot and the opening events. Because I have some limited mobility for now, I'll be the one walking around with a handmade cane/cudgel and a 1911. :cool:

nova

imported post

I can't commit at this time, but I'll say I'm around Burke in case anyone has an extra seat available then :)

I don't have a VA CHP so I wouldn't be carrying :?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

nova wrote:
I can't commit at this time, but I'll say I'm around Burke in case anyone has an extra seat available then :)

Might be a good occasion for an empty holster. :)

Yata hey

CRF250rider1000

imported post

nova wrote:

That's ok. I'll just carry yours on my left side so you can grab it in the event of an incident:celebrate

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
nova wrote:

That's ok. I'll just carry yours on my left side so you can grab it in the event of an incident:celebrate
That is a funny solution. LOL:lol:

Yata hey

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
I'll be going to lobby day as well.:)
Jim- Lets work out a carpool if possible.
I'm OK with that Alex, but remember, I'll probably be going sometime Sunday afternoon.

richarcm

imported post

I'll be there. I also plan on going to Bob, Bill and Ken's Inauguration on 1/16 at the Capitol.

streetdoc

imported post

This will be my third Lobby Day and the second time to attend the VCOM Training before Lobby Day.

For the Gun toting Bikers, VCOM puts on a great presentation on the day before Lobby Day, it is well worth your time. I have a small roll of GSL Stickers to hand out to them before they head out to the Lobby Day Activities.

January 17th 2010
Host Hotel
Holiday Inn Airport
445 International Center Dr.
Sandston, VA 23150
Ph. (804)236-1111, Ask for the VCOM rate

the link: http://www.vcomonline.org/LobbyDay2010Flyer.pdf

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I arrive early enough to get on-street parking on Grace Street across from the Capitol Police HQ. This also allows me to use the 9th Street entrance to the GAB, go upstairs for coffee, and nap till the rest of the folks arrive. That and Christmas morning are the only 2 times I am awake and moving at that hour of the day.:uhoh:

The less hard-core start flowing in somewhere between 8:30 & 9 AM IIRC.

Keep reading the VA ALERTS for more specific info.

stay safe.

skidmark

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

skidmark wrote:
I arrive early enough to get on-street parking on Grace Street across from the Capitol Police HQ. This also allows me to use the 9th Street entrance to the GAB, go upstairs for coffee, and nap till the rest of the folks arrive. That and Christmas morning are the only 2 times I am awake and moving at that hour of the day.:uhoh:

stay safe.

skidmark
They always let Skid in early as his picture is on top. :)

Yata hey

simmonsjoe

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
skidmark wrote:

stay safe.

skidmark
They always let Skid in early as his picture is on top. :)

Yata hey
I didn't know I had to be up with the roosters to be hardcore.
Guess I'm just a poser :(

riverrat10k

imported post

I'll be there this year y'all. Just put my vacation day on the calender.

As a Richmond area resident, I feel I have a DUTY toattend this year.

Plus, the .40 starts to get lonely in the winter time. She will be happy to go walkies.

I tend to CC the little .38 when wearing a heavy coat.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

bohdi wrote:
I just realized that I will not be around on the 18th for this years party. That makes me sad. :( I will miss you all.
Promote Lobby Day and encourage others to go.

Sorry you'll miss it.

Yata hey