• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL Lobby Day was on Martin Luther King's birthday - Monday, January 18th.

simmonsjoe

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
CRF250rider1000 wrote:
nova wrote:
I can't commit at this time, but I'll say I'm around Burke in case anyone has an extra seat available then :)

I don't have a VA CHP so I wouldn't be carrying :?
That's ok. I'll just carry yours on my left side so you can grab it in the event of an incident:celebrate
That is a funny solution. LOL:lol:

Yata hey
Or NOVA can wear a shirt with an arrow pointing right saying
"I'M WITH GUNMAN"

Infidel

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
nova wrote:
I can't commit at this time, but I'll say I'm around Burke in case anyone has an extra seat available then :)

Might be a good occasion for an empty holster. :)

Yata hey

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Lobby Day more than just in the Assembly building. Isn't there things going on else here outside and around the area. Just wondering as I have not had the chance to get my CHP as of yet.

Could one CC at the event outdoors and not enter the Assembly building?

I attend a meeting this week and info on and I know for a fact the GOOOH.com/ VA10thAmendment.orgrepresentatives will be there at the event at the Bell Tower.

CRF250rider1000

imported post

Infidel wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
nova wrote:

Yata hey

......I have not had the chance to get my CHP as of yet.

You legally can not conceal without a valid CHP if that is what you are asking. You can legally OC, but just not into the building. If you have a valid CHP, you may OC or CC into the Assembly building.

Infidel

imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
Infidel wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
nova wrote:

Yata hey

You legally can not conceal without a valid CHP if that is what you are asking. You can legally OC, but just not into the building. If you have a valid CHP, you may OC or CC into the Assembly building.
Right, I know CRF. What I was asking is:Are there other events outside that I/ we (those without CHP)could participate in outside, without entering the Assembly building?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

You can mingle, spread the word and sport GSL stickers. :)

There might be some speeches, but I'm not aware of them.

The new Gov. will probably step outside and wave.

Yata hey

CRF250rider1000

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
You can mingle, spread the word and sport GSL stickers. :)

There might be some speeches, but I'm not aware of them.

The new Gov. will probably step outside and wave.

Yata hey
I must have read what you wrote wrong. whoops! What Grapeshot said though. Either that or hand your gun to a trusted friend/CHP holder to take into the building with them. (In a holster obviously.):p

simmonsjoe

imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
NCjones wrote:
I already have other plans for xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Day.
Damn rude!

MLK did nothing to deserve a bullet! He had faults but I believe he was simply fighting for what was right!
MLK's death was the definition of a true Martyr. Don't be surprised if you need to wash his feet when you see him on the Day of Resurrection.

nova

imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
NCjones wrote:
Can't make it.

I already have other plans for xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Day.
Racism is not and WILL NOT be tolerated on this forum!
Post was deleted but it must have been pretty bad to be removed completely. :uhoh:

nova

imported post

Infidel wrote:
CRF250rider1000 wrote:
Infidel wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
nova wrote:

Yata hey

Right, I know CRF. What I was asking is:Are there other events outside that I/ we (those without CHP)could participate in outside, without entering the Assembly building?
Good question...if I end up going I'd rather not have to leave my carry piece at home (I'd rather not leave it in my vehicle either). I'm chp-less at the moment too.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

nova wrote:
Infidel wrote:
Good question...if I end up going I'd rather not have to leave my carry piece at home (I'd rather not leave it in my vehicle either). I'm chp-less at the moment too.
There will be rallys/speechs likely at the Bell Tower as in past years - guessing starting about 11:00 AM, but I have not seen any schedule yet to indicate who at what exact time etc.

This hopefully will be forthcoming.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

RichV wrote:
Little bit of info to share on lobby day.... and a question.

I'm planning to bring my son to lobby day. I contacted Lt. Layne of the Capitol Police to see if minors can accompany a parent who is going thru the express entrance with a CHP. The answer is "yes".

I see others on this thread have asked if there is an agenda for lobby day. I'm sure this isn't the only agenda... but this one has Philip speaking.
http://www.va10thamendment.org/node/10

My question: I understand that VCDL members will be breaking into groups and going to talk to the legislators. How do you get into one of those groups? Are they coordinated, or do ad hoc groups form by themselves?

Thanks, Rich
Groups will likely be formed up in the main GAB lobby between 8:30 and 9:30 AM

Will be looking for clarification on this, but that is what happened in previous years.

Yata hey

RichV

imported post

Little bit of info to share on lobby day.... and a question.

I'm planning to bring my son to lobby day. I contacted Lt. Layne of the Capitol Police to see if minors can accompany a parent who is going thru the express entrance with a CHP. The answer is "yes".

I see others on this thread have asked if there is an agenda for lobby day. I'm sure this isn't the only agenda... but this one has Philip speaking.
http://www.va10thamendment.org/node/10

My question: I understand that VCDL members will be breaking into groups and going to talk to the legislators. How do you get into one of those groups? Are they coordinated, or do ad hoc groups form by themselves?

Thanks, Rich