• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Attempted Home Invasion and Came Close to Having to Shoot

imported post

packinprofessor wrote:
See some of you guys/gals at the OC dinner tomorrow. I'll be there...and thanks for the feedback...especially remembering what the feeling is like and holding on to that for as long as possible. Agreed, best damn practice you can have...I always thought I'd be cool, calm, and collected in such a circumstance. NOPE...but hopefully (if there is one) next time, I'll remember what I learned this time around.

I don't think I responded to the area. We're right at the base of Lookout Mountain at Cave Creek and Sharon. Right next to the Buddy Stubbs (sp?) Harley dealership? Nice neighborhood, but some shady areas in the near vicinity.

Yesterday, my wife was outside with our 2.5 year old and she told me that these idiots were driving buy in a landscaping truck and slowed down giving her the up and down look...y'all know what I mean...and then they circled back around twice more.

Made me nervous until she started talking about OC'ing when out front with our son. Made me proud....very proud! :)

Take care,

Doug
And people I know wonder why I refuse to live in the Greater Phoenix Metro area...

Thank God for the rural areas of AZ.

protector84

imported post

Yesterday, my wife was outside with our 2.5 year old and she told me that these idiots were driving buy in a landscaping truck and slowed down giving her the up and down look...y'all know what I mean...and then they circled back around twice more.

I've always supported women deciding to become firearm owners and carriers. Unfortunately, there are a lot of creeps in our society who respect women far less than men. It is certainly obvious where if a husband walks down hypothetical Main Street at 1am, he will be completely unnoticed. If his wife walks the same street at the same time, suddenly creeps in cars will be whistling, honking, yelling, circling, stalking, harrassing, and even threatening the girl. However, if the creep approaches the female and just happens to see the gun that is on her hip, chances are he will suddenly decide he is leaving. I don't like the feeling of having to worry about any of my female friends' safety let alone a spouse I may have. Society seems to be getting sicker and perhaps a lot of it driven by television but we all know a proper response to it: open carry.

curtm1911

imported post

These are the reasons why I carry at home too. It may be your Castle, it is also your Duty to protect it and all who dwell there.I have friends who own/carry guns, but do not carry at home. This stuff can happen anywhere, anytime so Being Prepared is the best you can do. Also, you are Shooting to Stop a Threat. It may take no shots, or many shots, one never knows, but don't just say you would empty your firearm at the threat, IMO, that is like saying you are shooting to kill, A BIG NO-NO for future litigation reasons. Just my thoughts on this matter. Glad you didn't have to shoot. Sometimes the sight of a firearmis enough to win the day. Stay Safe All.