• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LYNCHBURG AREA OC DINNER - TUES. DEC. 15, 2009

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Okay all as promised (or actually slightly delayed) let's meet for dinner at The Neighbor's Place in the Wyndhurst neighborhood of Lynchburg on Tuesday, December 15. Plan to meet for dinner at 7 p.m. that evening. The restaurant's website is: http://www.theneighborsplace.com

The Neighbor's Place: 104 Paulette Circle, Lynchburg, VA 24502

Plan on good food, good service and hopefully good company. My only requests for this dinner are:

1. Please no drinking of alcoholic beverages while armed.

2. Please remember our server(s) work for your tips, lets make sure they know we appreciate their efforts (15% is standard for good service).

This dinner is as much a time for us to enjoy each other's company and get to know each other, as it is to help the community (which is already "gun-friendly") to get to know us as gun-toters as well.

So let it rip: Let me know who is coming and I'll do my best to keep track of who will be there so I can let the folks at Neighbor's know how many seats we'll need !

Attendees:

For Sure Maybe

jmelvin 2

skidmark1+

nuc65 1

KFALKO 1 1

asforme3 (including 1 child)

Jero1987 4

Grapeshot 1

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

It's a week after the Richmond OC dinner. I'll have to see if I can make it on down, so count me as a "maybe".

stay safe.

skidmark

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Went to the restaurant's website and saw their "check table availability" thingy.

Either it does not go two weeks ahead or they are pretty well booked up that night, as it says no tables available within 2 hours of 7 PM for just about any number of folks. You may want to grab a reservation in person. From prior experience, I'd suggest you ask for 10 hope they show. Better to have empty seats than not enough.

In either case, move me from "maybe" to "probably" - I'll see which rivers may rise & think about bridge building. May also bring a friend with, but nothing definate on that yet.

stay safe.

skidmark

* EDIT - they have tables for 6 available - maybe get 2 tables next to each other??

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Skid, Neighbor's Place has a room for reservations and that is what they are likely counting. Tuesday nights are rarely very busy in the main dining room, but I'll chit chat with the managers some time this weekend.

asforme

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Put me down as a maybe for 2.5 (wife and I plus our 18 month old). Though we have our second baby due any day now so it's still a maybe.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Thank you for the replies so far!

The roster as it stands now:

Attendees:

For Sure Maybe

jmelvin 2

skidmark1+

nuc65 1

KFALKO 1 1

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The wife and I are sitting here in Neighbors Place now and we just confirmed a reservation for 15 for Tuesday at 7 pm so it looks like we are good to go!

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Of course I'm OC-ing. If I can't OC some place I just don't go. I rarely have any alcohol when I go out, but when I do I leave the gun behind.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Thanks Grapeshot!

Attendees:

For Sure Maybe

jmelvin 2

skidmark1+

nuc65 1

KFALKO 1 1

Jero... 4