• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spokane Friends of the NRA

BobR

imported post

Coming up on that time of year again.

March 6th @ 5pm, sit down dinner @ 6:30pm.

Cathy Rankin ( http://www.cathyrankin.com/) of Dillon Blue Press fame will be our Emcee, JoshOlsen ( http://www.amputee-coalition.org/military-instep/profile-olson.html) a soldier from the USAMU will be there to speak and to present an award. He is notable for the fact he lost a leg in combat, rehabbed and returned to active duty with the USAMU.

As usual there will be raffles, games and chances to win and bid on guns and other items.

At present the packages have not been set in stone, but the best deal is the dinner package. Price for the dinner alone will be 40 dollars.

Remember, this is the non-political arm of the NRA. We raise money to pump back into the community in the form of grants. 50% of everything raised stays in the state. The rest goes to national. http://www.friendsofnra.org/

If there is enough interest I will grab some tickets so they are available to members of the Open Carry forum.

OC is welcome at the dinner.

bob

David.Car

imported post

Sweet.

Had a great time last year. Brought my girlfriend who is not really into the firearm world, and she still had a great time.

Can count me in for at least 2 tickets again this year.

BobR

imported post

BTT

The flyer is made, I will get one scanned as soon as I can. The best way to get the tickets will be to use the information from the flyer to order your tickets. I will get some fliers tomorrow.

There will be 8 people to a table. I would like to fill up 2 tables with OC people and friends. I have 6 people personally already going. With the 4 tickets asked for in this thread already we are up to 10. We only need 6 more. If we can get more we will take another table.

Stay tuned for more info as I get it.

bob

BobR

imported post

Here is the flyer I received today. By far the best package is the brass package for 2. You get the dinner tickets, raffle tickets for a XD45 and 100 dollars in bucket tickets. Considering the dinner tickets alone are 80 dollars, this makes a pretty good package.

There will be no ticket sales at the door. Contact Tom Higgins for ticket purchase. His number is on the flyer. Remember to get your tickets prio to 2/15 to be eligible for the early bird rifle.

scan0002.gif

scan0001-1.gif

bob

David.Car

imported post

As long as they don't run out of certain foods again. That was the one thing that pissed me off last year. Started the food line on one side of the room and worked toward the other, by the time our table was up there were products missing...

Made up for it by eating extra of the rest though... :p

BobR

imported post

That has actually happened the last 2 years. Some of those guys going through the line first are some big eaters. This year it will be a sit down dinner, no going through the line. Hopefully it will aliviate the problem with running out of food.

bob

BobR

imported post

Here is the form to order tickets. I feel the best deal is the Brass package. Remember the early bird gun, a Remington 597. You need to buy your tickets before 2/15 to be entered into that drawing. All dinner packages will be eligible to win a Springfield Armory XD45. The bigger the package, the more tickets you get for it. With the brass package you get 2 chances at the XD45.

Right click on form to print or download to your computer.

There will be other games to try and win guns at. They usually run 10 dollars a ticket. I know that Glock will have a gift certificate for any of their guns, and DPMS will have a gun. There will also be a live aucton and a silent auction. There are also donated prizes that are used for bucket drawing prizes. There is often a gun or two in the bucket drawings.

Pleas post here so I will know how many tables we will need. With 8 to a table I am hoping we overflow into a second or third one. Where it say "I/We would like to be seated with:", put Bob Ready or Open Carry WA.

scan0003.gif

Thanks

bob

David.Car

imported post

BobR wrote:
Pleas post here so I will know how many tables we will need. With 8 to a table I am hoping we overflow into a second or third one. Where it say "I/We would like to be seated with:", put Bob Ready or Open Carry WA.
Actually received flier and form in mail Friday and was wondering what to put there, so thanks.

Chris.R.Anderson

imported post

My wife and I might go, if I can talk her into it ;)! Has anyone considered doing the gold package between 8 of us? That would be $125/person, $250/couple, and our table would be given a shotgun to split 8 ways (unless I very much misread that flier). So we would each have a very good shot at that gun, and it would be going home with one of us OCDO folks guaranteed, not to mention we would each have many bucket tickets to use.

Just an idea, anyone interested?

CRA

Jeff Hayes

imported post

I was told to pick up my bronze ticket package at the door. Squeak is coming from the coast, last I heard. Bob how many OCers are coming.