• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Apple Blossom Mall

Tac-Man

imported post

I was shopping today and was told by a rent-a-cop that no firearms are allowed on the grounds concealed or open carried.I said that I had been here many times before and had no problems.He said I had to leave or would call police.Since it is privet property I had to comply but will never go back.I am going to call management and make a complaint,anyone who shoppes or lives in Winchester or surrounding area mite want to do the same.:(Sorry, I mint Apple Blossom Mall.

smith5904

imported post

I was shoppingat Apple Blossom Mall on Thursday, I thought I would OC even though I have a concealed gun permit, I was approached as well by a security guard, he seemed nervous when he informed me that open carry is not allowed on private property. He offered for me to secure my pistol in a safe and secure place (I guess he wanted to lock it up for me), I stated to him that I would just exercise my other right to concealed carry, he stated, sir do what you need to do, so I covered up my pistol thencontinued to shop, as I was leaving the same guard approached me a second time after my pistol had been covered up, and said he spoke to his boss and I would have to leave,I asked him if he was aware of all the shoppers that come in this mall carrying a concealed weapon, he saidif we see it we have to say something. Now granted this is private property but my question is do they have it posted on the doors, I did not look when I was there, I meant to ask the guard but didn't.......

It sounds like to me maybe the same guard, I guess I already had him worked up when he got to you, he never said anything about calling the cops.....

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

smith5904 wrote:
I was shoppingat Apple Blossom Mall on Thursday, I thought I would OC even though I have a concealed gun permit, I was approached as well by a security guard, he seemed nervous when he informed me that open carry is not allowed on private property. He offered for me to secure my pistol in a safe and secure place (I guess he wanted to lock it up for me), I stated to him that I would just exercise my other right to concealed carry, he stated, sir do what you need to do, so I covered up my pistol thencontinued to shop, as I was leaving the same guard approached me a second time after my pistol had been covered up, and said he spoke to his boss and I would have to leave,I asked him if he was aware of all the shoppers that come in this mall carrying a concealed weapon, he saidif we see it we have to say something. Now granted this is private property but my question is do they have it posted on the doors, I did not look when I was there, I meant to ask the guard but didn't.......

It sounds like to me maybe the same guard, I guess I already had him worked up when he got to you, he never said anything about calling the cops.....
Don't ask, don't encourage such signs.

Yata hey

AaronT

imported post

if it was the same day, he was probably freaking out thinking " oh my god, i have to do something, protect the children, show my authority.... " lol

i know its early so this post may not be understandable-able.......

AaronT

Tac-Man

imported post

I talked to the head of security and was told that they don't make the rules but the property owners which is Simon Malls Inc. makes the rules.He also told me that they don't want to put up sighs because the area is very pro gun.They fear they would lose business but he pointed out that in fine print at the entrance says "no weapons on Mall grounds".He also told me that if I concealed it and no one could seeit there would be no problem.So from here on out it will be concealed and will go about my day!!!;)

carbon

Banned
imported post

simmonsjoe wrote:
hypocrites
I will surmise that excercising your due dilegence is ALWAYS your best policy! Private property is just that! it is private therefore you must obey their wishes, period!

btw ahh touching the "enter" button will create a new paragraph! Just saying.

Yata yata yata heyyyy

carbon

Banned
imported post

AaronT wrote:
if it was the same day, he was probably freaking out thinking " oh my god, i have to do something, protect the children, show my authority.... " lol

i know its early so this post may not be understandable-able.......

AaronT
I'm sure their tentacles were vigorously twitching

smith5904

imported post

No I will not be asking about the signs, I thought of that after the last post, no reason to encourage the posting of signs, but I will be checking out the small print on the door.....

Hey Tac Man, what day were you in there?

I will do as I normally do for now on, and that is concealed carry, this was one of my first times doing open carry....if you could have seen the look in the security guards face when he approached me, he did mention how he knows how I feel, he would like to carry in the Mall as well.....Next time it will be hidden....

Guard was very polite during conversation.....

simmonsjoe

imported post

tobo wrote:
simmonsjoe wrote:
hypocrites
I will surmise that excercising your due dilegence is ALWAYS your best policy! Private property is just that! it is private therefore you must obey their wishes, period!

btw ahh touching the "enter" button will create a new paragraph! Just saying.

Yata yata yata heyyyy
I was talking about the 'wink wink' policy of don't show don't tell.

They don't post the doors but leave them blank as not to offend all their
admittedly pro-gun customers. That way If you Conceal Carry its reasonable to assume
you wouldn't see the little sign off to the side after you entered the building. But if they become aware of it they can hassle you.

So company policy is NO GUNS
but they support CONCEALED CARRY in a roundabout way to keep revenue coming
in. Hypocrites !

+1 for the "enter button"

Tac-Man

imported post

Hey Smith5904 don't feel you need to conceal carry all the time!This is the first time I have ever had a problem in this area.Just when you go to the mall keep it concealed.I was there on 12/04.If you live local we should meet up and talk shop sometime!Hit the gun shops here and do some blasting.:)

smith5904

imported post

I was there on 12/3, if it was a young guard with dark hair they probablygot their story together if they saw it again, as for what to do, they never mentioned calling the cops when he was talking to me. Yes I do live local, where do you shoot, I normally go to the conservation club. I will probably not go again until after Christmas when my little man gets his 410....

nemo

imported post

I do not go to that mall often, probably just a dozen times in the last ~five years (they have no stores that I like, and my wife does not want to go there much), but I have always gone OC and no one has ever said anything, even the rent-a-cops. But I have not been in there for maybe a year. Maybe they are starting a new policy.

Oh, and I never look for the fine print. If I do not see a sign at the place I enter, in I go.

smith5904

imported post

Yeah, I do not like that mall either, only go there a few times a year....

As for carrying I think I like using my CHP, instead of open carry, less attention...lol

nemo

imported post

smith5904 wrote:
where do you shoot, I normally go to the conservation club.
Sorry, I focused on the mall and did not see your question.

I cheat: I can shoot pistol/shotgun at my neighbors, any time. He shoots rifle, too, but I don't push my luck, there.

virginiatuck

imported post

nemo wrote:
smith5904 wrote:
where do you shoot, I normally go to the conservation club.
Sorry, I focused on the mall and did not see your question.

I cheat: I can shoot pistol/shotgun at my neighbors, any time. He shoots rifle, too, but I don't push my luck, there.
:what:Love thy neighbor... don't shoot at them. ;)