• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT: Anyone selling an AR15?

Michigander

imported post

What do you mean "tactical"? The AR family of rifles has pretty much always been a purpose built fighting rifle. Even most of the models geared towards hunting would be great defensive weapons.

A nice thing about AR's is that they are as modular as it gets. If you want to change something about an AR, it's fast and easy.

If you want something downright affordable, this might be a good option for you.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=411537957

DanM

imported post

Michigander wrote:
If you want something downright affordable, this might be a good option for you.

ethernetweb,

Options are alwasy nice to have. :) Just keep in mind that the above is in .223. If the ability to handle 5.56 NATO as well is important, read the specs on any AR15 you are considering. Not all .223 chambers can handle 5.56 NATO, and firing 5.56 NATO in them can be damaging or dangerous. Just another point of advice when you're shopping for AR15's

SpringerXDacp

imported post

DanM wrote:
Michigander wrote:

ethernetweb,

Options are alwasy nice to have. :) Just keep in mind that the above is in .223. If the ability to handle 5.56 NATO as well is important, read the specs on any AR15 you are considering. Not all .223 chambers can handle 5.56 NATO, and firing 5.56 NATO in them can be damaging or dangerous. Just another point of advice when you're shopping for AR15's

It's my understanding that the purchaser should take note of the stamping(s) on the barrel, such as 5.56 or 5.56/.223 and not buy one stamped .223 or .223/5.56.

I don't know for sure as I know very little about AR's and AK's.

G

imported post

I'm a kool-aid drinker. So, with that in mind, I can only recommend Colt. If you're interested, I have a few different configurations that might interest you. I won't "bash" other brands. It all depends on what your intended use of the weapon is. But, I've owned others and all I now own, in AR 15 configuration, is Colt.

Send me your email address via PM if interested. All are NIB.

CIMG4903.jpg

TheRabbitsHole

imported post

Thank you for the info everyone!

I recently just got back to the forums.. been pretty busy and will be busy again soon. :(

I've been doing some research and am thinking Colt is the way to go.

@Michigander, nice price indeed.

@CV67PAT, you have a PM.

TylerJ87

imported post

yea my dad has had a Colt for about 10 years now, I was in love with that thing the first time I fired it

that link I posted basically states " You get what you pay for" it just takes many pages to prove it to people reading it

SpringerXDacp

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
I love my Colt M4 carbines. I had no use for the AR platform, being a HK kindaguy for the last 30 years. But one sip of the kool-aid and I got a chronic case of BRD.

Here's the chart:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pwswheghNQsEuEhjFwPrgTA&single=true&gid=5&output=html

This spells it all out in one page. Just a lot of info to digest.

I guess....

CV, thanks for all the info the other day.

I still can't understand how/why a company (website) can/will advertise a 6920 being under 30 inches when it's not. :cuss:

G

imported post

Just to be sure that I didn't give you bogus info, I remeasured my M4LE6921 with the 14.5" barrel and extended A2 FH and it is 30.75" long. Even with the extended FH it is still shorter than the LE6920 with 16" barrel and standard A2 FH.

Even with the buttstock removed it's still 30.5" long.

Some of these advertisers need a remedial ruler reading class.