Thread: Open carriers testify at Warren, MI city council meeting

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

http://hellomichigan.blogspot.com/20...rs-prompt.html

Video included - most city council members are a little quiet, but they vote 5-4 to repeal a preempted ordinance or two

Post imported post

That guy sure is ugly.

Post imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
    That guy sure is ugly.
    But he was prepared and well-spoken. Good job!
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    http://hellomichigan.blogspot.com/20...rs-prompt.html

Video included - most city council members are a little quiet, but they vote 5-4 to repeal a preempted ordinance or two

Does this mean the law is repealed or does it mean the vote repeals law that repeals law?

Confused on the outcome
    The use of force is a last resort. One aspect of violence is that it is unpredictable. Although your initial intention may be to use limited force, once you have engaged in violence the consequences are unpredictable. Violence always brings about unexpected results and almost always provokes retaliation.

Dalai Lama

http://www.generalnewsgroup.com/

Post imported post

She doesn't know what 'abrogate' means? She can't Google it with that computer in front of her to at least not make herself look really stupid? I'm glad that guy told her to look in a dictionary.

I know I shouldn't be, but such illiteracy and stupidity in government are the reason for people who honestly believe that their power grabs are a good idea.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Post imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
    That guy sure is ugly.
    He sure is,isn't he! But he is well spoken!LOL!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Centurion

Post imported post

ixtow wrote:
    She doesn't know what 'abrogate' means? She can't Google it with that computer in front of her to at least not make herself look really stupid? I'm glad that guy told her to look in a dictionary.

I know I shouldn't be, but such illiteracy and stupidity in government are the reason for people who honestly believe that their power grabs are a good idea.
    I am glad that she admitted that she didn't know this word that in my experience is not used very often(at least in the groups that I go with generally) then ask for a definition of it instead of just blindly going forward.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
    That guy sure is ugly.
    A lefty, too!

(me too)

Regular Member 2ndammendmentbrotha's Avatar

Post imported post

Though I now live in Indiana my heart is still in Detroit. Thank you all for resisting and aiding in the abolishing of oppressive and obsolete laws. Now we will see if Warren p.d. will abide by the changes and leave us alone when they see a holstered gun and no crime has even been alleged.

Post imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
    FatboyCykes wrote:
    That guy sure is ugly.
    A lefty, too!

(me too)
    Brain damaged

Post imported post

Now if you guys could only get non-resident permits allowed in MI, we'd be set (well, there are other firearm laws too that need to be changed, like registration).
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Post imported post

protias wrote:
    Now if you guys could only get non-resident permits allowed in MI, we'd be set (well, there are other firearm laws too that need to be changed, like registration).
    well, YOU can bring an action under Article IV's privilege's and immunity clause to get this fixed!

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    protias wrote:
    well, YOU can bring an action under Article IV's privilege's and immunity clause to get this fixed!
    I've never done anything like that before, where do I begin?

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Post imported post

protias wrote:
    Mike wrote:
    protias wrote:
    I've never done anything like that before, where do I begin?
    If you want to bring suit against Michigan's discrimination against some permit holders based upon their state citizenship then you should consult with attorneys licvense to practice law in teh federal courts of Michigan who do civil rights actions; obviously this will take money or a very very willing atty to bring the action on contingency for Section 1983 fee shfting.

Post imported post

Thanks Mike.