• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carriers testify at Warren, MI city council meeting

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

She doesn't know what 'abrogate' means? She can't Google it with that computer in front of her to at least not make herself look really stupid? I'm glad that guy told her to look in a dictionary.

I know I shouldn't be, but such illiteracy and stupidity in government are the reason for people who honestly believe that their power grabs are a good idea.

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

ixtow wrote:
She doesn't know what 'abrogate' means? She can't Google it with that computer in front of her to at least not make herself look really stupid? I'm glad that guy told her to look in a dictionary.

I know I shouldn't be, but such illiteracy and stupidity in government are the reason for people who honestly believe that their power grabs are a good idea.
I am glad that she admitted that she didn't know this word that in my experience is not used very often(at least in the groups that I go with generally) then ask for a definition of it instead of just blindly going forward.

2ndammendmentbrotha

imported post

Though I now live in Indiana my heart is still in Detroit. Thank you all for resisting and aiding in the abolishing of oppressive and obsolete laws. Now we will see if Warren p.d. will abide by the changes and leave us alone when they see a holstered gun and no crime has even been alleged.

protias

imported post

Now if you guys could only get non-resident permits allowed in MI, we'd be set (well, there are other firearm laws too that need to be changed, like registration).

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

protias wrote:
Now if you guys could only get non-resident permits allowed in MI, we'd be set (well, there are other firearm laws too that need to be changed, like registration).
well, YOU can bring an action under Article IV's privilege's and immunity clause to get this fixed!

protias

imported post

Mike wrote:
protias wrote:
well, YOU can bring an action under Article IV's privilege's and immunity clause to get this fixed!
I've never done anything like that before, where do I begin?

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

protias wrote:
Mike wrote:
protias wrote:
I've never done anything like that before, where do I begin?
If you want to bring suit against Michigan's discrimination against some permit holders based upon their state citizenship then you should consult with attorneys licvense to practice law in teh federal courts of Michigan who do civil rights actions; obviously this will take money or a very very willing atty to bring the action on contingency for Section 1983 fee shfting.