Thread: Springfield xd 40 4 in.?

Post imported post

I have an opportunity to buy one of these things, but I am kind of compromising. I had my heart set on a Glock 23. The issue is that I have a very strict budget on a carry gun. The guy wants $400.00, and says the round count is around 500.

Now I can find a 23 for $489.00 new, but by time I pay taxes, i'm over $500.. Also, the wait could be 2 or more weeks, and I really don't have that kind of time due to the business I'm in.

Banned

Post imported post

I love my springfield XD. Its awesome and just as good as any glock with extra safety features.

Post imported post

I have shot both. I also was in the same position you are in, trying to decide between a Glock 23 and a XD. I ended up going with the G23. I love it.

The XD seems like a great gun too. I've only shot one, so I can't weighin on the how easy it is to maintain, clean, etc. I know Wally on here had an XD and he did have a problem with it jamming on him for a little while after he got it. Ibelieve it only happened to him a couple times one day, but from what I remember him saying he didn't have any problems with it after that.

I'm sure you are already aware of the physical difference between the two guns (i.e. saftey, weight, ammo). It's a tough call, but I don't think you will be disappointed with either gun.

Post imported post

I know a lot of people love Glocks but I have never really been a fan at all. My roommate (maahes on here) bought an XDm 40 and loves it but not as a carry gun. He ended up getting an M&P40c to carry and loves the gun and as a result I ended up buying the full size and love it as well. If you could find a good deal on an M&P I would highly recommend that. The XD is also a good choice.

Post imported post

For me, the XD's are a lot more comfortable than the Glocks. I dunno, maybe it's my carny hands or something, but the grip on the glock is huge and doesn't fit my hands at all. I went round and round for a few weeks on the glock vs. XD, and ended up picking up an XD and I <3 it.

From SA's own site, lol - http://springfield-armory.primediaou.../SPstory11.php

Post imported post

GLOCK 23 .40 S&W
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=148706912
    Bid at $315

Springfield XD Sub-Compact 40S&W
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=148850708
    Bid at $300

Watch gun broker you can get good deals as for which ones it would be an easy choice for me. XD hands down. I do like the Glock feel but I myself would prefer the XD because it's the most comfortable.

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

How about the new offering from Springfield?

Just announced a 3.8" XDm in both 9mm & .40 S&W. Check the Springfield Armorywebsite for details. http://www.the-m-factor.com/

Post imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
    For me, the XD's are a lot more comfortable than the Glocks. I dunno, maybe it's my carny hands or something, but the grip on the glock is huge and doesn't fit my hands at all.
    I have the same problem. I've been told the SF models are better for hands that don't like the blocky and annoying Glock frame. Haven't had the chance yet to test fire a SF gun to see if I agree.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

That's good news for the Blackhawk SERPA folks. At least the muzzle won't protrude below the holster. However, the shorter slide/barrel length doesn't do squat for the serious CC'ers....Nice looking pistol though.

Post imported post

I bought it. Very nice looking piece. It feels real nice and conceals and carries much easier than my Ruger Redhawk!!! (especially with the scope). I'll report more after I shoot it!!