• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Springfield xd 40 4 in.?

EDA50

imported post

I have an opportunity to buy one of these things, but I am kind of compromising. I had my heart set on a Glock 23. The issue is that I have a very strict budget on a carry gun. The guy wants $400.00, and says the round count is around 500.

Now I can find a 23 for $489.00 new, but by time I pay taxes, i'm over $500.. Also, the wait could be 2 or more weeks, and I really don't have that kind of time due to the business I'm in.

T Vance

imported post

I have shot both. I also was in the same position you are in, trying to decide between a Glock 23 and a XD. I ended up going with the G23. I love it.

The XD seems like a great gun too. I've only shot one, so I can't weighin on the how easy it is to maintain, clean, etc. I know Wally on here had an XD and he did have a problem with it jamming on him for a little while after he got it. Ibelieve it only happened to him a couple times one day, but from what I remember him saying he didn't have any problems with it after that.

I'm sure you are already aware of the physical difference between the two guns (i.e. saftey, weight, ammo). It's a tough call, but I don't think you will be disappointed with either gun.

Banger

imported post

I know a lot of people love Glocks but I have never really been a fan at all. My roommate (maahes on here) bought an XDm 40 and loves it but not as a carry gun. He ended up getting an M&P40c to carry and loves the gun and as a result I ended up buying the full size and love it as well. If you could find a good deal on an M&P I would highly recommend that. The XD is also a good choice.

mikestilly

Michigander

imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
For me, the XD's are a lot more comfortable than the Glocks. I dunno, maybe it's my carny hands or something, but the grip on the glock is huge and doesn't fit my hands at all.
I have the same problem. I've been told the SF models are better for hands that don't like the blocky and annoying Glock frame. Haven't had the chance yet to test fire a SF gun to see if I agree.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

That's good news for the Blackhawk SERPA folks. At least the muzzle won't protrude below the holster. However, the shorter slide/barrel length doesn't do squat for the serious CC'ers....Nice looking pistol though.

EDA50

imported post

I bought it. Very nice looking piece. It feels real nice and conceals and carries much easier than my Ruger Redhawk!!! (especially with the scope). I'll report more after I shoot it!!