• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry walk

sigma1986

imported post

has anyone ever had an open carry walk in warren,oh? i was just wonderin would like to have one..if anyone is intersted let me know..talk to yall later

zack991

imported post

sigma1986 wrote:
has anyone ever had an open carry walk in warren,oh? i was just wonderin would like to have one..if anyone is interested let me know..talk to yall later
Your not the only one. I do it on a normally bases around home, but be aware Warren police are real dicks about us doing it and have given me a hard time about it in the past.

sigma1986

imported post

really wut all have they said to u? did they try to take u in or take ur gun? we should have a walk in warren some where..lol nothin they could do and then find a place to hang out and have coffee thats oc friendly.i think thats a good idea

zack991

imported post

I have been stopped a few times and each time they say some concerned citizen called them, the same old nonsense. I carry my phone that does a voice recording, so if it went south I have proof of what happened. Most times they are ticked off that I am open carrying and give me their macho speech. They run my serial number on my XDm and after a little more typical bulling they advise me to use my CCW permit and leave. I do not use my leg holster all the time when OCing. Most time I put it on my belt. I would have no problem doing a OC walk, it would be nice if we could get a small group together. There is power in numbers becase I am sure we each know what laws protect us and we will not be bullied as easily. I live just off of North Road. I carry the following paperwork, I simple hand it to them and usually keeps them from causing too much problems and has helped me quite a bit.

http://www.ohioccw.org/images/stories/ag_willowick_chief_letter.pdf
http://www.opencarry.org/Press/July-09-08.pdf