• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brady Bunch at it again.

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baPgr_tw79Q

Dear T Dubya,

The gun show loophole is a problem. Our new undercover video makes that very clear.

You can see just how easy it is to buy a gun without a Brady criminal background check ... in fact without any I.D. at all ... from an unlicensed seller.

The undercover footage was taken by Colin Goddard. Colin was shot four times on April 16, 2007 at Virginia Tech.

Colin came to the Brady Campaign last summer and said "I want to do something to help stop gun tragedies before they happen."

So he went to gun shows across the country to shine the light on this dangerous problem.

He found one irresponsible unlicensed gun seller after another willing to sell him weapons like a Egyptian Maadi assault weapon without a Brady background check. All that was needed was cold hard cash.

With your help, we can close the gun show loophole. We need to build public support and get cosponsors for the bills to close the gun show loophole in the U.S. House and Senate. With your help, we are working non-stop on both.

Please watch the undercover footage and then sign the petition to show Congress that there is strong public support to close the gun show loophole

Sincerely,
12908.gif

Sarah Brady, Chair
Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I try to tell people that there are Brady plants all over the place. I know that they violated the rules of the showplace by recording the hidden video. I get irritated when I see these videos and no one checks for identification. I would always ask for Id, and a conceal carry permit. It seems to me they like to go the the older guys to put their rap on and buy those guns.

I am irritated. I wonder how many people have turned them down? You won't see that video footage.

Colin finally admits that they want to ban all private sales of firearms.

500th post!:celebrate

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The Brady Campaign is a hate group. They have no integrity, they don't care about freedom and they use every oppurtunity they can to slur hard-working, law-abiding, family men and women. They are dangerous, they are advocates of abusing the judicial system and they are just plain mean.

They do all this with tax exempt status.

Wake up OCDO. Pay attention.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
At the last Nation's Gun Show in Dulles/Chantilly, VA a few weeks ago, there was a camera crew there. I wonder how they were allowed in the building.
News media seeks and receives permission from the promoter. CPV has done interviews at shows.

Yata hey

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Gordie wrote:
T Dubya wrote:
I would always ask for Id, and a conceal carry permit.
So you would requiresomeone to have a permit to buy a weapon?

I believe that private sellers have the right to sell to another private seller without the heavy hand of government getting involved.

It is my perogative to sell to whomever I am comfortable with. If I see that someone has a valid concealed carry permit and they are a Virginia residentI know they are legal and I can have a clear conscience. That's just me. It's my perogative and I have the right to sell or deny a purchaseto whomever I want to. That is of course if I know they are not a felon, etc. etc.

okboomer

imported post

Yeah, that gets me too, when they gloss right over the fact that the sellers are doing "private" sales. At this time, when a new gun is purchased, our name goes into a database that, if the gun is stolen, or identified as used in a crime, the original purchaser then has some hard questions to answer as to why the gun is not in his possession and how it got to the crime scene. If it was not reported as stolen, then there are laws to deal with that.

As the law was written, it DOES NOT require guns purchased before the law to be registered. This is the law I fear next.

If they "close the "gun show loop hole,'" then there won't be any private sellers there which will reduce the gun show promoters' profits. Otherwise, private sellers have many other avenues to sell a gun without having to do a background search or wind up in some gov't database.

Ultimately, I believe the Brady Idjits are after getting all guns registered so that they can then get them siezed, thus disarming us citizens and turning us into subjects.

I also wonder why they turn off the "replies" to those Brady videos? :celebrateCould it be that the feedback is sooo one sided -- against them?

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

I took a look at their "Gun Violence Map" I clicked on the 2 dots that are within 100 miles of my little slice of snow-covered paradise.

Well, one of the incidents they list was about that young cop in Crandon WI (about 30 miles from me)that took his employer-issued AR-Variant and killed his ex-girlfriend and 5 or 6 other people at her house.
So does this mean the Brady campaign doesn't want to let law enforcement have guns now either?

The next one I clicked on was about a Hmong immigrant that was trespassing on private property and foundin another persons deer stand, he shot8 people during a dispute. I find it odd that the shooter made it out alive against 8-10 others armed with rifles.
they also suspect this guy in another shooting from years earlier.
So now deer hunters should not own guns either?

I think Sarah Brady would go into cardiac arrest if she were to visit my area during the last 2 weeks of November and the first week of December! She would absolutely freak out seeing hundreds of thousands of Men, women, & children armed with large caliber rifles while dressed in Blaze Orange roaming the woods of Northern WI and the Upper Peninsula of MI.

opusd2

imported post

I'm sorry, I can't stop my grinning from the thought of the Brady Bunch taking a field trip through the Antigo area. I volunteer to take an extra few days to sit out in the field wearing my blaze just making my presence known. For me it would be a picnic to just sit out there with my thermos of coffee and my sidearm and rifle, since there are too many wolves and bears in the area to be comfortable empty handed. Although there weren't many deer in the area that I saw during hunting, I still was at home and the most comfortable that a person can ever be.

I wonder if any of the Brady Bunch can say that? They can't probably find any place or circumstance where they would be at home. Except maybe in a room guarded by police where they could take the rights away from others who don't need the protection of the state.

opusd2

imported post

And the shooting incident in Crandon is just another example that shows that law enforcement is not a society of perfect creatures, pure in spirit and morals that we can place our every bit of faith in. That being said, none of us are completely perfect.

Still, not all of us think we should be in control of the rights of everyone else. And my failings affect me not the society I live in. Yet, as an individual I am scrutinized more than any LEO with my actions even though I am allowed a lot less leeway with my life and my actions. If I were to die, I wouldn't get a memorial. If I were to shoot someone, I wouldn't be placed on administrative leave with pay and a good lawyer on my side to defend me. My beef is that if restrictions were to be placed on me, then they should be placed on everyone. Including the criminals, but it seems that they are given the greatest room to roam.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

T Dubya wrote:
Colin was shot four times on April 16, 2007 at Virginia Tech.
So....? Exactly what does this qualify him as being? There are a lot of TV Station break rooms that are going to be filled with feelings of disappointment if camera crews find out they have to get shot 4 times to be qualified to carry a camera....

Other than that... All it really says is that he was fool enough to be helpless in a place that is actively advertised to have lots of helpless people there to attack. I think that's kind of rude. Sure, it was a dumb thing to be and do; helpless. But to call it out and tell the world "Look at the guy, he's stupid AND can use a camera, AND he still isn't smart enough to realize any of it!!" Not sure how the two concepts related... But they said it, not me... It's like putting a kick me sign on a Retarded Person, then laughing and pointing... Rude, no Class... But hey, that's the Brady's!

If anything, they're adding insult to injury while using him as a tool to ensure that it will happen again. Maybe to his own Children!

the best thing he could have done while there is to buy a holster and Carry it... You know, for the Children!

opusd2

imported post

I tell you one thing, if I was shot the last thing I would do is want to take away my right to self defense in the silly hope that I'd never be anywhere near an armed perpetrator again. Let alone foolishly depend on LEO to swoop in and save me after calling for them like Beetlegeuse.

Hell, I'd have better luck expecting him to show up than any help.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

ixtow wrote:
T Dubya wrote:
Colin was shot four times on April 16, 2007 at Virginia Tech.
So....? Exactly what does this qualify him as being? There are a lot of TV Station break rooms that are going to be filled with feelings of disappointment if camera crews find out they have to get shot 4 times to be qualified to carry a camera....
Well it does give him the right to complain about worthless bullets that don't work. :lol:

So where is eric holder, you have him buying guns in two different states on video,
this one should be easier than going after the Navy Seals with ZERO evidence.

I would be nice if he pointed out even one law that was broken, it looks to me
that they were using multiple buyers to make sure they were legal to buy a gun
in multiple states. Doesn't that also imply they were legal to sell a gun to?

Now I would have no problem with the government declaring all gun sellers a federal
official. That way you bad guys couldn't purchase one without breaking the law by
lieing. Brady would be happy, and after you sell a gun you use your new found
loophole to skirt those gun laws that only apply to the non government sheep.
Everyone wins.:celebrate

Is this idiot banned from owning a gun? After all he did carry bullets on school
grounds in violation of VA law didn't he? Is there a man made body cavity exemption?

opusd2

imported post

Of course no one who buys in the gun show loophole is legal to own a gun, that's the point they are trying to make. Then these buyers should be arrested and smacked around a little, it's only fair.

It's just a stupid stunt that the unintelligent, or rather blissfully ignorant, buy. And it seems to be their big argument, heard over and over again. Is the sky really falling, Mr. Little?

Alexcabbie

imported post

Well, this is a well worn theme. I am just wondering - seeing as how the title of the thread is "Brady Bunch at it again" - when they ever paused being "at it"? The Bradyites eat lunch with one hand and write officials with the other, and have wet dreams of a world-wide gun ban at night.

Never mind that not even ONE of the high-profile gun crimes in the last 20 yers involved a private sale. Just yammer and yammer about a "gun show loophole" or as they have called it "Virginia's felon armament provision" or whatever inflammatory twaddle they think will scare the sheeple.

The rank and file of the Bradyites are decieved dweebs for the most part. The leadership is a pack of polititically motivated circllefesters. And they are not "at it again"; becuse they never pause.