• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man with a Gun! Man with a gun!

Alexcabbie

imported post

tekshogun wrote:
zack991 wrote:
So even if it was a real gun, police have a right to arrest you because it ruffled some liberal morons feathers. All it took was seeing him/us IN A WINDOW doing nothing illegal. Another reason noisy neighbors should be treated like criminals just like a stocker.
While, I agree with what you are saying, not every person that has hoplophobia is a liberal... the neighbor may not even have had a fear of guns just at that moment was so concerned he felt he needed to call the cops, dumb yes, but that doesn't make him a liberal.

Well, yes there are "hoplophobes", "liberals" and "nosy neighbors". Then you have your weenies.

You know the kind I'm talking about. The ones who need attention, who need themselves validated with a little pat on the puddin' head for being a "good citizen". They are the types who hold a crowded elevator (in a bank of six elevators) open so someone halfway down the hallway can get in, the ones who pull their cars sideways to block both lanes at a crosswalk so a pedestrian who has not even made it to the corner yet can cross "safely".

They are the types that, when they hear a co-worker slam the phone down in frustration go immediately to Human Resources and report that they are worried and ask that the slammer be required to undergo "anger management counselling". Or even when they see the neighbor's kids playing with toy guns call "the authorities" with worrries about everything from improper upbringing to kids being allowed access to real firearms.

IMO this neighbor knew damned well it was a non-gun. He just wanted an authority figure - in this case a police officer - to tell him his personal report card merited a gold star on it.

There was a time - and not so long ago - when weenies were known for who and what they are. As I said earlier, Gladys Kravitz (the nosy neighbor in Bewitched" is a prime example of this kind of weenie. And now they seem to have taken over the country.

Well, this type of thing goes on in cycles here in America (The Nothern Autonomous Territories anre another matter). Our last big weenie cycle started during the Ford Administration and peaked under Carter. This one seems to have started halfway through the second term of GW Bush and seems to be peaking (with a vengance) right now. At least here in America (in most places) the cops won't come busting in if your neighbor says that you have a firearm in the house.....yet.

PT111

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
Get this, it isn't just on cars & trucks!
My last polaris snowmobile had a fairly large memory in the computerto store therunning parameters that any technician could download onto their "Digital Wrench" computer, and it could recall all running parameters for the last 360 days of operation. This included engine temperature, outside temperature, barometric pressure, altitude, throttle position, speed, Etc Et Etc. Some guys would modify their sleds, blow them up, and expect warranty to cover their mistakes. This parameter mapping put an end to that real quick.

This type of thought is really starting to drive prices of everything up. We all want great service from our local stores and some of us actually patronize those stores. But in that same line think of the recent post where one of us suggested to a buyer to go to the local store and check out all the different types of guns to determine which one they liked the best then go online and order it for less. How is a local store to ever compete with the Internet when they have to supply the service but don't get the sale. Same way with businesses trying to provide a warranty on cars, guns or anything else, they can't cover the abuses of some. Want to know one reason your cell phone bill is so high. Check the number of phones being traded in under warranty due to cracks frm being dropped. Not just the occasional but in many cases the same kid wanting it replaced for the 10th time.

As I believe it was Pogo who said "We have found the enemy and it is US".