• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man with a Gun! Man with a gun!

Repeater

imported post

More nonsense from the Sheeple in Canada:

Lego my toy gun
Toronto man's hobby draws armed officers
sm_BrickGun_Semi-Auto_w_Mag_02.jpg

If you were wondering what happens to 29-year-old men who still play with Lego, take Jeremy Bell as an example.

The partner at digital marketing company Teehan+Lax was surrounded by heavily armed tactical officers, cuffed and held against the wall of his Richmond St. W. office -- until, that is, the cops found the gun he had been holding in front of the window about 90 minutes earlier was a pile of blocks.

The BrickGun Semi-Automatic gun (purchased online from BrickGun, "designers and builders of the world's most realistic custom Lego weapon models") arrived at Bell's office Wednesday.

The lifetime Lego fan finished assembling his toy -- complete with build-it-yourself magazine -- at 5:40 p.m.

It was in one piece for about 10 minutes before it fell apart, he recalled yesterday.

But the tenant in an apartment about six metres across the way didn't see that last part. And so the tenant called the cops.

Pressed up against the wall, his hands thrown in cuffs, Bell directed the cops to the pieces of fake gun sitting in a box by the window. Moments later, he was free.

"At least you have a story to tell now," he quoted one cop as saying.

The neighbour who called the cops tweeted an apology to Bell on Twitter and posted a note in his apartment window, Bell said.

"He's like, 'Sorry, dude, it looked real,' " Bell said.

zack991

imported post

So even if it was a real gun, police have a right to arrest you because it ruffled some liberal morons feathers. All it took was seeing him/us IN A WINDOW doing nothing illegal. Another reason noisy neighbors should be treated like criminals just like a stocker.

M

McX

imported post

For me "Big Brother" lives right across the street, and will not hesitate to call the Cops if I do anything politically incorrect. What a knob!

Gordie

imported post

zack991 wrote:
So even if it was a real gun, police have a right to arrest you because it ruffled some liberal morons feathers. All it took was seeing him/us IN A WINDOW doing nothing illegal. Another reason noisy neighbors should be treated like criminals just like a stocker.
If you live in Canada, the answer is YES!

The Atomic Ass

imported post

OCDO should consider expanding north of the border.

zack991 wrote:
Notice that the news article is from Canada?

Alexcabbie

imported post

Well, another nutty story from the Northern Autonomous Territories. But really they don't mind. They have their Molson. They have their (somewhat) legal pot. They have their "free" Obama-style care and of course they have the border which they can cross to get REAL medical care; at least unless and until the Ubamanistas screw our medical care system up as badly as theirs (and don't any you youngsters in Canada write in claiming what great medical care YOU have. Wait until you are OLDER and find out how you will be treated as an inconvenience and/or excessive expense.)

Really this is too much. Next time I visit Huber Heights Ohio I am going to OC in the Tim Horton's on Brandt Pike and see what happens.

opusd2

imported post

1984 has truly arrived here for those that aren't completely convinced. My example in OnStar which is in vehicles. I don't even want to talk about it.

Geoff

imported post

I refuse to buy any vehicle which has OnStar or even a GPS device for that metter. There is just so much that can be used against you by the gov't

geoff

opusd2

imported post

No Kidding! That commercial which uses control of the vehicle by the service in order to stop a carjacking / car theft just scares the living crap out of me! To me it justifies repairing an older vehicle for a LONG time... But I am sure the EPA will help to get us all into newer computer/GOVT controlled vehicles. Yeah it sounds paranoid, but if it's true then is paranoia wrong? Control and GOVT intervention is just that, no matter how it's done.

And considering that the neighbor must have been doing snooping in order to see that gun shaped LEGO pile, it just proves that the act of people spying on everyone around them and Narc-ing to the powers that be is another form of control. Thank you Sheep and your wanting to be babysat.

c5 Erick

imported post

If someone is worried about the onstar thing, most car audio shops can disable it.

Alexcabbie

imported post

opusd2 wrote:
No Kidding! That commercial which uses control of the vehicle by the service in order to stop a carjacking / car theft just scares the living crap out of me! To me it justifies repairing an older vehicle for a LONG time... But I am sure the EPA will help to get us all into newer computer/GOVT controlled vehicles. Yeah it sounds paranoid, but if it's true then is paranoia wrong? Control and GOVT intervention is just that, no matter how it's done.

And considering that the neighbor must have been doing snooping in order to see that gun shaped LEGO pile, it just proves that the act of people spying on everyone around them and Narc-ing to the powers that be is another form of control. Thank you Sheep and your wanting to be babysat.

Actually that is exactly how Reinhard Heydrich built up the reputation of the Gestapo. The RSHA didn't really need all that many Gestapo agents, they monitored a network of informants and analyzed the intelligence provided for the most part. The black car and the knock in the night would not be possible without nosey blabbermouths, and Heydrich knew how to motivate them.

I have studied Reinhard Heydrich extensively. He was perhaps the most effective counter-intelligence and State security chief who ever lived. When he was taken out in Prague he was slated to become the Governor of Paris, in which case the Underground would likely have been wiped out and D-Day might well have failed. (I am no fan of Heydrich personally; he was arguably a worse and more virulent Nazi than Hitler himself:what:) In view of this, and in view of the fact that the Canadians fought like hell so that a tyranny like that would not sieze them and the world, I find it appalling that Canada today is being run by Heydrich Lite.

This is why I never thought Gladys Kravitz was all that funny.

old dog

imported post

Hey Repeater,

About those good old toy guns, do you or anyone on this site remember those solid aluminum copies of famous pistols from the early '50s. They were cast from molds made from real guns, hence perfect in every detail. They were so realistic that even then they couldn't be shipped to New York.

As I recall they were sold by the Lytle Novelty Co. in California and cost $2. As a small boy I had several, including a Luger, a Cobra and a Single Action Army.

If perchance anyone knows of a source for these, perhaps an antique collector, please post here. I would like to take a stroll down memory lane to those better, more-innocent times.

Thanks in advance.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Lord, do I remember that detective set. That was one realistic looking revolver, and the "Shooti'n Shells"? Boy they would make the Consumer Safety folks go :what:for sure. Man it was great being a kid back when this was a free country.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Geoff wrote:
I refuse to buy any vehicle which has OnStar or even a GPS device for that metter. There is just so much that can be used against you by the gov't

geoff

There are just as many tattle-tale devices in every vehicle made these days. I have let my onstar subscription expire, but it has come in handy on more than one occasion for me. I could have a realtime diagnostic done on my vehicle if a Check Engine light was on, they would diagnose the issue, and make a service appointment for me while driving and give the diagnostic code before I ever got to the dealers shop.
if I was a fugitive, I am sure the govt entities after me would track me using my onstar. So, I'll just use a different vehicle for my getaway. I could also use their tracking system against them to send them on a wild goose chase if I wanted to.

Than you should never drive any vehicle newer than a 1994 model year.
If you get in a wreck, the insurance company can access the vehicles operating parameters from the onboard computer with a quick download. (I believe it requires a warrant though) It will tell them the speed you were traveling rightbefore impact, if you had your seatbelts on, throttle position, braking, if your headlights were activated and every other thing they need to know. This has been common in vehicles for well over a decade and it has been used to find out the truth after a wreck. But it can also be used against you.

Get this, it isn't just on cars & trucks!
My last polaris snowmobile had a fairly large memory in the computerto store therunning parameters that any technician could download onto their "Digital Wrench" computer, and it could recall all running parameters for the last 360 days of operation. This included engine temperature, outside temperature, barometric pressure, altitude, throttle position, speed, Etc Et Etc. Some guys would modify their sleds, blow them up, and expect warranty to cover their mistakes. This parameter mapping put an end to that real quick.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

zack991 wrote:
While, I agree with what you are saying, not every person that has hoplophobia is a liberal... the neighbor may not even have had a fear of guns just at that moment was so concerned he felt he needed to call the cops, dumb yes, but that doesn't make him a liberal.