• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Body Armor

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Gunslinger wrote:
5.56 Armor Piercing Incendiary rounds are now readily available. Body armor or wearing a piece of cardboard have the same results. 5.7MM metal inserted rounds will punch through it easily. A .44magnum round to the heart--even if it doesn't penetrate, will kill you by cardiac shock. If you know the BG will be shooting a .38 spcl, fine. But how do you know what you may face?
YUP, I have 2000 rounds of 5.56 SS109 Green tip steel core , them will poke holes through both sides of a vest ...but. I would rather be wearing body armor than NOT. Just in case it's a survivable Misplaced Rifle / pistol round.

Jonathon Sometimes

imported post

Just as expected, some good feedback and some derision. In closing, wear what you're comfortable with. I, for one, will have my vest on everyday. Along with my flashlight, boots, and seatbelt. But then again, I'm paranoid, so I'll probably never need those either.

Carry On!

ODA 226

imported post

Jonathon Norris wrote:
Just as expected, some good feedback and some derision. In closing, wear what you're comfortable with. I, for one, will have my vest on everyday. Along with my flashlight, boots, and seatbelt. But then again, I'm paranoid, so I'll probably never need those either.

Carry On!
And don't forget to drink two tall glasses of delicious, refreshing milk everyday! ;)

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
Jonathon Norris wrote:

Carry On!
And don't forget to drink two tall glasses of delicious, refreshing milk everyday! ;)
if it's chocolate OK

ODA 226

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
ODA 226 wrote:
Jonathon Norris wrote:

Carry On!
if it's chocolate OK
Sugar free chocolate?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
ODA 226 wrote:
Jonathon Norris wrote:

Carry On!
if it's chocolate OK
Sugar free chocolate?
hell no, full strength...with extra chocolate syrup added.:celebrate

simmonsjoe

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
5.56 Armor Piercing Incendiary rounds are now readily available. Body armor or wearing a piece of cardboard have the same results. 5.7MM metal inserted rounds will punch through it easily. A .44magnum round to the heart--even if it doesn't penetrate, will kill you by cardiac shock. If you know the BG will be shooting a .38 spcl, fine. But how do you know what you may face?
YUP, I have 2000 rounds of 5.56 SS109 Green tip steel core , them will poke holes through both sides of a vest ...but. I would rather be wearing body armor than NOT. Just in case it's a survivable Misplaced Rifle / pistol round.
most thugs use 9mm / 380's. Almost exclusively. now though the 40 is gaining street cred

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

simmonsjoe wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
most thugs use 9mm / 380's. Almost exclusively. now though the 40 is gaining street cred
those guys have no idea how to aim , most of the time, they are like 5 -10 feet from the person they shoot. Any distance shots they miss, ya can't hit crap holding it sideways. ( thug style ) I like my 9 mm, double taps made really easy.:)

Hef

imported post

I've got a MOLLE plate carrier with ceramic rifle plates. It's heavy and uncomfortable, so I'm not wearing it unless I absolutely have to. Driving through a rough neighborhood? nah. Home invasion? like I'll have time to put it on and grab a rifle. Massive societal collapse? OK, I'll wear it.

simmonsjoe

imported post

Hef wrote:
I've got a MOLLE plate carrier with ceramic rifle plates. It's heavy and uncomfortable, so I'm not wearing it unless I absolutely have to. Driving through a rough neighborhood? nah. Home invasion? like I'll have time to put it on and grab a rifle. Massive societal collapse? OK, I'll wear it.
Have you seen the economy lately?

simmonsjoe

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
simmonsjoe wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:
those guys have no idea how to aim , most of the time, they are like 5 -10 feet from the person they shoot. Any distance shots they miss, ya can't hit crap holding it sideways. ( thug style ) I like my 9 mm, double taps made really easy.:)
Quit Frontin'. You just didn't have the right equipment.
6921-new-glock-1sideways_gun_sight.jpg

Tactihood in da house yo.

Hef

imported post

simmonsjoe wrote:
Hef wrote:
Yeah, I saw that coming down the pipe a while back. That's why I bought it. Glad I did. Now I just need to get a set of size S rifle plates for my wife.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hef wrote:
simmonsjoe wrote:
Hef wrote:
Yeah, I saw that coming down the pipe a while back. That's why I bought it. Glad I did. Now I just need to get a set of size S rifle plates for my wife.
same reason I got my multicam stuff , Blackwater Gear Molle Plate holder vest, SAPI Plates & all the multicam ammo pouches, etc.

Husker0700

imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
Jonathon Norris wrote:
Body Armor - It's just another tool I wear/carry with me, along with my situational awareness, sidearm, spare mags, and non-lethal alt. (In my case, an extendable baton) It's just a IIa Paca vest to defeat the most common rounds of 9mm and below, and it's worn concealed. In most states, armor is legal for non-felons to wear openly or concealed.
Anybody else out there taking advantage of it?

Oh, and of course, my gf thinks I'm crazy. Just like some of ya'lls problems with carrying a BUG, and so on... :)
YOU ARE NOT A LEOORA SECURITY PROFESSIONAL! YOUR GF THINKS YOU ARE CRAZY AND SO DO I!
:lol:

Dreamer

imported post

Here is some more info on the "Birdman Weapons System" ad:

http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/glock-gag.html

Apparently, not only is this ad fake, it's part of a whole website of weapons-related satire. I think this is a BRILLIANT combination of Satire and expression of 1A and 2A rights.

Unfortunately, the BWS website is currently inactive. Either his trust fund ran out, or somebody "got to him". Nobody seems to know why the site is no longer up.

But regardless of where the site went, I'll send kudos to "Birdman" whoever he is. He made some brilliant satire, even if the City Council and LEO's in Richmond didn't "get" the joke.

I hope he comes back, and makes some more great satire like this one!

thx997303

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
Hef wrote:
simmonsjoe wrote:
Hef wrote:
same reason I got my multicam stuff , Blackwater Gear Molle Plate holder vest, SAPI Plates & all the multicam ammo pouches, etc.
GEARDO! :lol:

Why the patches guy? Come on now. I don't recall ever wearing patches while wearing my full kit.

Something about losing them. It's annoying.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

thx997303 wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
Hef wrote:
simmonsjoe wrote:
Hef wrote:
GEARDO! :lol:

Why the patches guy? Come on now. I don't recall ever wearing patches while wearing my full kit.

Something about losing them. It's annoying.
seen them at Milspecmonkey.com I had to have them. I got out of the Mil back in 1991 , back then we had plain woodland BDU's , not the cool Multicam stuff being offered today. You don't like the patches ? :)