• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry clubs

Thundershades

imported post

Does anyone belong to or know of a local (Montclair area) Open Carry club or group that regularly meets to OC?

I am having trouble with my wife getting used to the idea. She got very upset with me for LOC in our house the other day.

I want to educate her; my kids actually thought nothing of it (they know about my pistol - .44 Alaskan). The kids have asked questions and are comfortable with the idea of me wearing my "self defense tool" around the house.

At any rate, I thought that if I get together with some other people and begin to UOC maybe my wife would start to come around.

I have reservations about solo UOC in my area because there are a lot of schools. I don't want some LEO to get a hair up his craw and try to make an example out of me.

Thundershades

Thundershades

imported post

Sounds like a great time! I'll invite my wife and see what happens.

Thanks a bunch!

Thundershades

NightOwl

imported post

N6ATF wrote:
Was waiting for that!
lol yeah it was obvious that someone was going there.

CA_Libertarian wrote:
Except my club becomes a fully-functioning firearm with 2 seconds notice.
A lot can happen in two seconds,imo. Our politicians might as well passa law saying that anybody involved in a crime *must* get a 2 second head start on people trying to defend themselves. My patience waiting for incorporation is virtually nil after coming here from a state that doesn't step on the rights of it's citizens.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

NightOwl wrote:
A lot can happen in two seconds,imo.
You're right, of course. I've been in enough SHTF situations to know 2 seconds is a very long time. However, I've also been in a couple situations where 2 seconds would have been enough.

In one instance, not having a firearm to load almost cost me my life. I have yet to experience something more unsettling than the feeling of knowing your life is in the hands of an evil person, with nowhere to run and no way to fight back... still gives me chills to think about it nearly 10 years later...

sudden valley gunner

imported post

A lot can happen in two seconds,imo. Our politicians might as well passa law saying that anybody involved in a crime *must* get a 2 second head start on people trying to defend themselves.

That was funny, :D.

Actually who know they may.:(