• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Most dangerous zip codes in OKC

okboomer

imported post

http://www.koco.com/video/21716479/index.html

Last week, Channel 5 ran an editorial showing the most dangerous zip codes in OKC and the times of most danger and discussed the reasons for that danger: drive-by shootings, gang shootings, rapes, strong-arm robberies, assault w/deadly and none of the danger areas were associated with bars/clubs, but rather with motels, quick stops, malls, and entertainment venues.

Other than the drive-bys & gang activity, looks to me like there are at least three good reasons to support OC :lol:

What was surprising was that some of the most dangerous times were in daylight hours.

My problem is that I travel through most of those areas ... cousin lives on SW 44th, aunt and another friend live in North Moore so we travel across I-240, another couple of friends livesouth of Warr Acres, another friend lives in Edmond, another couple of friends and several cousins live in Del City, and we have business at Shepherd Mall, shop at Quail Springs, and stop at quick stops or restaurants near areas that have recently been in the news for shootings and such. Oh, and I do business 2 blocks north of the County Jail near where the man was shot with a rifle a couple of months ago.

Now, I have to worry about going through some of those areas during daylight? How about if I could open carry and intimidate the bad guy before he tries to do me harm?

I am 5'2" and have been accosted in areas that Ihad thought were relatively non-dangerous. Two times, I had no idea that anyone was even there despite my scanning the area with the express purpose of identifying potential problems before I split my attention to unlocking the car door. Thankfully, the vehicles I have now all have keyless entry. That is probably one of the more important developments that helps my safety.

Just a few thoughts ...

Bullbuster

imported post

I just moved from Sooner and SE 81st Terracea couple miles up the roar of ofSooner and SE 44th.I found a home owners association news letter in the bushes of the house we bought. It listed the crimes committed in the housing area. Gave dates, times, charges, first 2 of the addy and street name. I was shocked to know that some house on my street had 3 reports of domestic violence in 1 month. While I do not know what house it is I showed my wife and we are watching things much closer now and put more rules in effect on how our kids play outside.

I really miss not being able to OC here in OK. Its one thing I miss about not being in VA anymore.

shadowsbane

imported post

You're not too far from me at all Bull. I'll have to watch the video later because I can't here at work, but I've looked at News 9's CrimeTracker and seen the stats for this area. If you look at the stats, you can see that a lot of Del City's crime centers around the apartments on 44th near Sunnylane.

ocholik

imported post

I live around the Air Depot and 10th area..and i keep all 5 of my guns loaded.... the 2007 ice storm someone tried to steal my generator...big surprise when i met him at my back door with my 12 gauge......let just say ...it is like in the movies when their eyes get big and white...