• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FRONT SIGHT - Wife bought me a 4 day course for XMAS !!!

Livermoron

imported post

Well Folks, I will be attending a 4 day handgun training course at Front Sight in Nevada soon. My lovely wife (who has only gone shooting with me a couple times) purchased this GREAT gift for me the other day and said "Merry Christmas".

My information and certificate packet arrived in the mail today. This course also includes a new XD .45 with all the trimmings and other FS swag and stuff :)!!! Wow. Very Cool.

I will report back on my experience at Front Sight to the Forum here. I have now done some additional research and think that I may purchase a membership at Front Sight and later enjoy additional courses as my schedule permits.

Ho Ho Ho - Livermoron :dude:

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Nice. I've heard their training is top-notch.

I've heard that they have a type of "membership" where you are actually investing in the company. The rumor (I'll call it that since I haven't done any research myself)I heard is that the owner is being investigated for some criminal activity related to this "membership."

That's all I know about it, and like I said all just something I heard on the internet, so possibly just some BS an unsatisfied customer made up. (The person making this claim said their training is still the best, so if that's all you're getting, then don't worry about any of this and enjoy your trip.)

------------

So, what are you getting for your wife? Gonna be hard to one-up her on this.

mjones

imported post

I'll support them 100% in terms of outstanding training curriculum. I've been going to them since they started out near Bakersfield before the moved to Pahrump.

However, with that said, I think the business-side of things is a very deep shade of gray. Ponzi Scheme (sp?) Pyramid Scheme, maybeeven a front forScientology money laundering;who knows for sure...

Livermoron

imported post

The "one-up" will be tough for sure :) However, there is going to be an M&P .45 in her stocking (and likely something shiney too, no not shiney ammo...)

As for the FS rumors of business ops - I dunno? I have seen some of the pricing for the lifetime memberships and it seems a kin to a timeshare sale at the Marriott resorts around the world. Seems like a reasonable sales plan to me.

All the best folks! :celebrate

inbox485

imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
Nice. I've heard their training is top-notch.

I've heard that they have a type of "membership" where you are actually investing in the company. The rumor (I'll call it that since I haven't done any research myself)I heard is that the owner is being investigated for some criminal activity related to this "membership."

That's all I know about it, and like I said all just something I heard on the internet, so possibly just some BS an unsatisfied customer made up. (The person making this claim said their training is still the best, so if that's all you're getting, then don't worry about any of this and enjoy your trip.)

------------

So, what are you getting for your wife? Gonna be hard to one-up her on this.

There was a civil case which AFAIK is now settled. My only concern is the current string of ads they have going are indicative of a last ditch fund raising effort to prolong a final collapse. Here's hoping they pull through because the facility and training is truly top notch.

The Nomadd

imported post

Livermoron wrote:
Well Folks, I will be attending a 4 day handgun training course at Front Sight in Nevada soon. My lovely wife (who has only gone shooting with me a couple times) purchased this GREAT gift for me the other day and said "Merry Christmas".

My information and certificate packet arrived in the mail today. This course also includes a new XD .45 with all the trimmings and other FS swag and stuff :)!!! Wow. Very Cool.

I will report back on my experience at Front Sight to the Forum here. I have now done some additional research and think that I may purchase a membership at Front Sight and later enjoy additional courses as my schedule permits.

Excellent!! A good friend of ours gifted us two 4 day certificates, and we went back in September. Aside from the heat, we had a great time. After asking us what we thought of the whole thing, and telling him we would love to go back, he actually gifted us two lifetime memberships. So now we get to go back as much as we want, and take the various courses. And congrats on the XD. It probably is, but I would double check, and make sure it's the CA legal one, since one of the guys in my class did the package with the free XD, and was given a XD-M, with the hi-capacity mags. and if I'm not mistaken, they don't have the 10 round mags for it yet.
I will warn you, you WILL get the sales pitch for the lifetime memberships while you're there, especially at lunch the first day.

inbox485

imported post

The Nomadd wrote:
Livermoron wrote:

Excellent!! A good friend of ours gifted us two 4 day certificates, and we went back in September. Aside from the heat, we had a great time. After asking us what we thought of the whole thing, and telling him we would love to go back, he actually gifted us two lifetime memberships. So now we get to go back as much as we want, and take the various courses. And congrats on the XD. It probably is, but I would double check, and make sure it's the CA legal one, since one of the guys in my class did the package with the free XD, and was given a XD-M, with the hi-capacity mags. and if I'm not mistaken, they don't have the 10 round mags for it yet.
I will warn you, you WILL get the sales pitch for the lifetime memberships while you're there, especially at lunch the first day.
Unless it has changed, the sales pitch is a promo DVD and a group Q/A during the second day lunch break. You don't even have to be in the room.

brad9point0

imported post

I just got back from there yesterday from a 2 day pistol class. I must say I am very impressed. Much larger then I expected. Well over 100 students for the weekend.

It is a little remedial, which was a little tiresome. Overall I learned some new stuff and expect to be going back soon for further advanced training.

They were not too pushy on the sales pitch, which I expected to be daunting... lol it was merely a lunchtime video presentation which was optional.

The "investigation" in to the owner was a class action lawsuit from the first round of members and whatnot. All was settled and on the courts order. So nothing big there.

Honestly, not worth the full price without some special, but I got a KILLER deal so I cant complain. For 2K you can have a personal shooting coach for many hours but for a great price GO FOR IT!