• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT - Full Auto Fun @ The Gun Store

SA-TX

Centurion
imported post

Hello all,

I was recently in Vegas and went to The Gun Store (http://www.thegunstorelasvegas.com) for some full-auto fun. I shot a Thompson sub machine gun. As far as I could tell, it was a real 20's - 40's vintage weapon cambered in .45 ACP. It was SWEET! I'd never fired a full-auto rifle/carbine before and was a thrill. Thanks to the Gun Store for making this available.

Small OC content -- as I was waiting for the bus to go back to my hotel, an employee left the store and went down a couple of businesses to get a cold drink and a sandwich. He OCed the whole way. Sadly, we can't do that in Texas.

SA-TX

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

SA-TX wrote:
Hello all,

I was recently in Vegas and went to The Gun Store (http://www.thegunstorelasvegas.com) for some full-auto fun. I shot a Thompson sub machine gun. As far as I could tell, it was a real 20's - 40's vintage weapon cambered in .45 ACP. I was SWEET! I'd never fired a full-auto rifle/carbine before and was a thrill. Thanks to the Gun Store for making this available.

Small OC content -- as I was waiting for the bus to go back to my hotel, an employee left the store and went down a couple of businesses to get a cold drink and a sandwich. He OCed the whole way. Sadly, we can't do that in Texas.

SA-TX
Yes, That place rocks. was there in Vegas visiting my sister & bro in law. we went there and he shot the MP5 & I shot the MP-40....FUn. expensive fun:)

ourmanthejoker

imported post

Glad you enjoyed it! I wish they'd lower their prices a bit for locals. Dang tourist traps!

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ourmanthejoker wrote:
Glad you enjoyed it! I wish they'd lower their prices a bit for locals. Dang tourist traps!
next time I am in Vegas again , I will go back & test something else....i agree it would be nice if they would lower the price...but they are in the business to make money.:?

Marco

imported post

ourmanthejoker wrote:
Bob is all about making money, damn Capitalist!!!!:lol:

If you really want to shoot FA just head over to Desert Sportman's during one of the monthly Sub-gun matches.
Be sure to bring cash and plenty of factory loaded ammo 9mm and 45Acp, someone will usually let newbies use their gun (to get them hooked) as a friendly jesture.

Damn, I miss shooting those matches.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Agent19 wrote:
ourmanthejoker wrote:
Bob is all about making money, damn Capitalist!!!!:lol:

If you really want to shoot FA just head over to Desert Sportman's during one of the monthly Sub-gun matches.
Be sure to bring cash and plenty of factory loaded ammo 9mm and 45Acp, someone will usually let newbies use their gun (to get them hooked) as a friendly jesture.

Damn, I miss shooting those matches.
I have a bud here in Green Bay, that's a NFA , class 3 dealer. He has a basement FULL of FA >> Sub machine Guns, FA battle rifles, tripod mounted Heavy Machine guns.:celebrate