• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ideas for winter MOC events

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

As we all know the winter has slowed down our events. So far most of our efforts have been focused around charity work, and some smaller lunch meetings.

I'm looking for input as to what type of events you would like to see over the next few months until the weather warms up and we can resume our normal activities. So lets hear 'em! What type of events, get togethers, meetings, etc. do you want to see happen?

T Vance

imported post

I think your bowling match was a good idea. I think the fact its the holiday season is what is slowing people down from going to the events that have been recently set up and/or posted.

Bowling, Indoor range shooting, laser tag (just remember to use the "laser gun" when playing), lunches, dinners, breakfast, pool, indoor putt putt, wally ball.

Generaldet

imported post

T Vance wrote:
I think your bowling match was a good idea. I think the fact its the holiday season is what is slowing people down from going to the event that have been recently set up and/or posted.

Bowling, Indoor range shooting, laser tag (just remember to use the "laser gun" when playing), lunches, dinners, breakfast, pool, indoor putt putt, wally ball.

I agree 100%, this is a busy time of year. I was mainly thinking of January, Feb and March. Hopefully after the new year things will pick up a little

Generaldet

imported post

Maybe not the best OC outing because of all the clothing layers. But, how about a little ice fishing outing/competition/get together and putting up an MOC banner on the shanty??
:cool:

Sorry ismoid and Doug I don't think we can shoot down the pins. This ain't the wild west ya know. lol See that's funny because we hear that all the time about OC haha........nevermind. :uhoh: ;)

Radioman

imported post

Generaldet wrote:
Radioman wrote:
X3

AR-15 bowling anyone?? :dude:

Radioman
I hope you bowl better than you shoot! lol I'm just kidding. You beat me pretty bad and won a free membership!
Hey Now!!! All of my rifle shots hit the size of a bowling pin. And that was even after knocking the El-Cheapo scope that I have way off into left field. I need to do something about that scope I think. Not liking how bad a small knock like it took sent it off into La-La-Land like that.

Radioman

Generaldet

imported post

Michigander wrote:
How about an ice fishing MOC get together?

Ahhh funny you should mention that. Great minds think alike!

GeneralDet wrote:

Maybe not the best OC outing because of all the clothing layers. But, how about a little ice fishing outing/competition/get together and putting up an MOC banner on the shanty??
:cool:

Generaldet

imported post

Michigander wrote:
T Vance wrote:
How about an ice fishing event?

Excellent idea! :D

Only problem is knowing where and when, because obviously ice fishing can go from safe to impossible in a big hurry.
Another problem being the damn fish!!!! Last year the only thing that seemed to be around were perch that were not even big enough to take the hook.

We will just have to keep an eye out for the weather over the next month or so. This would be a lot of fun. I'm sure with a banner hanging out there we would get to talk to a lot of people as well.

T Vance

imported post

Michigander wrote:
Only problem is knowing where and when, because obviously ice fishing can go from safe to impossible in a big hurry.
What better way to get MOC publicity than by having to get rescued as we drift down river on a chunk of ice.

cabman1

imported post

Went well, Ill be following up with an email to the supervisor tomorrow.

ETA: next up City of Jackson.
City Council Meeting Schedule

City Council Meeting Time: 7:00 p.m.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

City Hall - 161 W. Michigan Avenue, 2nd Floor, Council Chambers

The cop that stopped kimberguy needs to be exposed

Generaldet

imported post

cabman1 wrote:
Went well, Ill be following up with an email to the supervisor tomorrow.

ETA: next up City of Jackson.
City Council Meeting Schedule

City Council Meeting Time: 7:00 p.m.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

City Hall - 161 W. Michigan Avenue, 2nd Floor, Council Chambers

The cop that stopped kimberguy needs to be exposed
I think you posted this in the wrong thread cabman. ;)