• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Examiner.com: No fly list gun ban not cleared for takeoff

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Please SUBSCRIBE to this column at http://www.examiner.com/x-2782-DC-Gun-Rights-Examinerand DIGG & REDDIT this article at:

http://www.examiner.com/x-2782-DC-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m12d6-No-fly-list-gun-ban-not-cleared-for-takeoff

SNIP

Mayor Bloomberg's "future-crime" vision of American gun control is one where a United States citizen [will be denied gun purchases if] her name was added by a federal bureaucrat to the no-fly list . . . It is also at least foreseeable that under this scheme . . . TSA agents might confiscate guns from the checked baggage of airport travelers flagged for additional scrutiny by the no-fly list.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Ugh! Disgusting. Thanks for the info, Mike.

One question. Is the No-Rights Fly List a government demand? Meaning, could the airlines voluntarily ignore the list? Say, if enough people refused to fly, hurting the airlines?

I guess that could work even if it was a government demand. If hurting from refusals, the airlines would lobby Congress to relax or abolish it.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Citizen wrote:
Ugh!  Disgusting.  Thanks for the info, Mike.

One question.  Is the No-Rights Fly List a government demand?  Meaning, could the airlines voluntarily ignore the list?  Say, if enough people refused to fly, hurting the airlines?

I guess that could work even if it was a government demand.  If hurting from refusals, the airlines would lobby Congress to relax or abolish it.

Yes thank you Mike.

It does not matter what the airlines do. The TSA enforces the list at the security checkpoints. The airlines would have to break the linkage between ticketed passenger lists and TSA to stop this, and they can't do that and still fly.

Regards

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
SNIP It does not matter what the airlines do. The TSA enforces the list at the security checkpoints. The airlines would have to break the linkage between ticketed passenger lists and TSA to stop this, and they can't do that and still fly.
Thanks for the info., Hawk.

DearDeltoid Airlines,

The federal government is interfering with your customers and costing you money. Having experienced the TSA's so-called security checkpoints, and the notorious, guilty-until-proven-innocentno-fly list, I am now a confirmed Amtrak customer. I really can no longerafford to hope I willnot be delayed by the blasted list, even if I were inclined to continue to experience the gross indignities.

Just thought you would like to know. I always hate it when the governmentinterferes with my business.

Sincerely,

Ronny Railrider.

Tomahawk

imported post

Um, no. Remember, the airlines were in on the cabal to create the TSA after 9/11 because they don't want to pay for airport security nor do they want to be held liable when it fails.

So on top of taking your tax money to subsidize their business failings they walked on your freedom, as well.

If I owned an airline I would find it wrong that I can't control what goes or doesn't go on board my airplanes, but that's because I'm just a naive schmo who doesn't understand how the corporate world works through political connections and favors with the government.

opusd2

imported post

You principled people are always so entertaining. Always thinking of the rights of the individual and not of the collective. I love saying "collective", it reminds me of the mindless Borg from Star Trek who exist just to increase their numbers. Huh, maybe life does imitate art, or rather art imitates life in this case...

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

opusd2 wrote:
You principled people are always so entertaining. Always thinking of the rights of the individual and not of the collective. I love saying "collective", it reminds me of the mindless Borg from Star Trek who exist just to increase their numbers. Huh, maybe life does imitate art, or rather art imitates life in this case...
Interesting read , and a bit scary . we can thank our Gobernment for keeping us Safe & " free"

UtahJarhead

imported post

Hush now baby, baby, dont you cry.
Mother's gonna make all your nightmares come true.
Mother's gonna put all her fears into you.
Mother's gonna keep you right here under her wing.
She wont let you fly, but she might let you sing.
Mama will keep baby cozy and warm.
Ooooh baby ooooh baby oooooh baby,
Of course mama'll help to build the wall.

I frequently hear these lyrics in my head when I think of our government 'taking care of us'

Tomahawk

imported post

UtahJarhead wrote:
Hush now baby, baby, dont you cry.
Mother's gonna make all your nightmares come true.
Mother's gonna put all her fears into you.
Mother's gonna keep you right here under her wing.
She wont let you fly, but she might let you sing.
Mama will keep baby cozy and warm.
Ooooh baby ooooh baby oooooh baby,
Of course mama'll help to build the wall.

I frequently hear these lyrics in my head when I think of our government 'taking care of us'
Yes, Floyd is timeless.