• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Yet another family outing tarnished

Batousaii

imported post

A MALL IN WA STATE IS NOT PRIVATE PROPERTY.

Wrong: A Mall, Shopping Center, Store etc. is NOT public property or government property. Most are owned by wealthy families, or corporations. Just because it is open to the public, does not mean that the owners are not allowed to create rules and enforce behaviour or remove and trespass those that break any rules or have behaviour that is not congruent with the facilities expectations.

- Also, being polite, with an amount of etiquette and chivalry, proper approach with respectful replies will gather much more respect and intise and intelligent and interesting debate. Opposed to assertive aggressive slap in the face styled rebuke that would only serve to incite an argument.

:?Bat

erps

imported post

The premises were at the time open to members of the public and the actor complied with all lawful conditions imposed on access to or remaining in the premises
what if no weapon possession is one of the conditions imposed for access?

gsx1138

imported post

kito109654 wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
kito109654 wrote:
Re: Videotaping OC

I plan on doing this but I wanted to give a friendly warning to all. This will attract some attention, recording always does. Keep that in mind. Also be aware that photography and videography is even more restricted than firearms in businesses and malls. If you have the option, use a discreet camera that looks more like a point and shoot and less like an SLR or camcorder.
Or have someone standing in the wings, concealed and have them tape it for you. Get a good zoom, a 2 story mall works best with them upstairs and you carring downstairs.
Ever tried to conceal that you were running a camcorder and recording something far away? It's super conspicuous.

Well, now we know who the resident stalker is on these boards. :p

John Hardin

imported post

Capn Camo wrote:
(2) The premises were at the time open to members of the public and the actor complied with all lawful conditions imposed on access to or remaining in the premises;
So, is prohibiting the carry of arms a lawful condition?

amzbrady

imported post

I'm freakin confused now. yes you can, no you cant, yes you can, no you cant, yes you can, no you cant, yes you can, no you cant, yes you can, no you cant, yes you can, no you ****,yes you can, no you cant,yes you can, no you cant?

Ok, can you or cant you?

amzbrady

imported post

deanf wrote:
looks like this thread turned into a debate on whether you can carry in a mall that bans weapons.

Of course you can. It's not illegal, if that's all you're concerned about.
Oh, wow, that was simple, I dont know why I didnt figure that out on my own. So if theres a sign banning weapons on the door of a mall, I can OC as long as its not illegal. It's all so clear now.

Jeff Hayes

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
deanf wrote:
looks like this thread turned into a debate on whether you can carry in a mall that bans weapons.

Of course you can. It's not illegal, if that's all you're concerned about.
Oh, wow, that was simple, I dont know why I didnt figure that out on my own. So if theres a sign banning weapons on the door of a mall, I can OC as long as its not illegal. It's all so clear now.
amzbrady There is no law, RCW etcsaying you cant OC or CC at a mall that hasposted no weapons allowed signs. However you may be asked to leave and if you do not leave you may be trespassed, simple as that.

amzbrady

imported post

Thank you, that was such a simple answer. Just so I'm clear, if i go to a mall OC and there is a sign that says weapons are banned, I can go in and not be afraid of being arrested unless I dont leave if asked because it will then become tresspass. Did I get it right?

amzbrady

imported post

deanf wrote:
So if theres a sign banning weapons on the door of a mall, I can OC as long as its not illegal. It's all so clear now.

And you can also be ejected, and as long as you leave, you haven't committed a crime.
and the cops wont plant anything on you as long as you dont have potting soil in the pants you are wearing at the time they see you not there.

Jeff Hayes

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
Thank you, that was such a simple answer. Just so I'm clear, if i go to a mall OC and there is a sign that says weapons are banned, I can go in and not be afraid of being arrested unless I dont leave if asked because it will then become tresspass. Did I get it right?

You got it, remember I am not a lawyerand this is not legal advice, research the law and understand it.

Dont try this in Idaho, there you could be arrested for ignoring a no weapons sign.

killchain

imported post

Those "no weapons signs" are simply their guidelines they want you to follow. If you choose not to, they can make you leave.

You -can- OC there, just be aware that you have to leave when they ask, or it's criminal trespass.

I have this problem at my college.