Thread: lest we forget

Post imported post

I HOPE EVERYONE WILL TAKE A MOMENT THIS MORNING TO REMEMBER AND REFLECT ON TODAY'S ANNIVERSARY.

Post imported post

My grandfather survived Pearl Harbor and continued the fight for freedom in WWII, Korea and Vietnam.
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

Post imported post

Made the pilgrimage to Pearl Harbor this past August. A very sobering and moving experience...

Post imported post

Sixty eight years ago, my squadron was stationed at Hickam Field, Hawaii.

At 7:48 a.m. Hawaii local time, the Japanese Empire attacked the United States Forces stationed in Hawaii without warning.

Four members of my squadron lost their lives in the attack.

Private First Class Jack Fox
    Private Frank J. Lango
    Private William H. Northway
    Private Felix S. Wegrzyn

Please take a moment this morning to rememberand honor them, and all of our fallen brothers.

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

Decoligny wrote:

At 7:48 a.m. Hawaii local time, the Japanese Empire attacked the United States Forces stationed in Hawaii without warning.

Private Frank J. Lango
    Private Felix S. Wegrzyn

Please take a moment this morning to rememberand honor them, and all of our fallen brothers.

Thanks toall of you for your service.
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Post imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
    Decoligny wrote:

Private Frank J. Lango
    Private Felix S. Wegrzyn

Thanks toall of you for your service.
    just over an hour ago, Hawaii time , 68 years ago the attack was on.:X Sad time in American History, we were propelled into war . 4 years later on VJ day we celebrated Victory & peace for a short time. 416,000 American Hero's lost their lives in WW2. Yes, we need to reflect & remember the greatest generation , the sacrifices they all made both the living & the dead. Thank you for your service to this country.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Post imported post

http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Post imported post

Post imported post

Post imported post

Thank You All

Post imported post

Thanks for posting that Rog

Post imported post

My Grandfather won the Silver Star that day. Here he is putting the Army Wreath on the USS Arizona in 1958.
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

Post imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
    My Grandfather earned the Silver Star that day. Here he is putting the Army Wreath on the USS Arizona in 1958.
    There ya go, fixed it for ya ODA ;-)

~~Springfield

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Here's some interesting reading from the After Action Reports of Bombing Six and Scouting Six, that arrived Oahu during the second wave of attacks, in advance of USS Enterprise CV-6 return from Wake. (Carrier was approx 175 miles West of Oahu at the time of teh attack on Pearl Harbor)

http://www.cv6.org/ship/logs/ph/default.htm