• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

stand your ground - woman shoot home intruder

markand

imported post

The woman was quite calm, and her actions appear to be quite justifiable.

But...

The TV station linked to above has (or had) a shot at the end of the video showing the complete address of the victim.

I sent an email to the TV station and pointed this out to them, and spoke to them a few minutes ago. The producer said they're taking her address off the video report. Kudos to them for acting so quickly!

markand

imported post

The Oklahoman newspaper also published an article on this shooting. I spoke to the reporter, a Robert Medley just a few minutes ago (about 3:40 PM EST). I pointed out that the full name and address of the victim, prominently printed on his report, could be dangerous to the victim. The intruder has obviously had other encounters with law enforcement (the photo in the article shows the intruder in orange prison garb). It is not at all unlikely that this guy had "business associates" or family members who might be very unhappy with the woman who so calmly and bravely defended herself.

Mr. Medley was completely unwilling to do anything to help protect the victim's life, like removing the victims full name and complete address!! He pointed out, and I agree, that if the Mexican drug cartel really wanted to get to this woman, they probably could whether the address is published in his newspaper or not. I countered with, "Why draw a giant arrow pointing straight to this woman's home, essentially painting a bulls-eye on her back? Why make it easy to exact revenge?" He said his orders were to publish as much information as he had, and that's what he was going to do.

The report is at:

http://newsok.com/woman-shoots-and-kills-intruder-in-lincoln-county/article/3422498

If you want to contact Mr. Medley, here is his contact information:

ROBERT MEDLEY
rmedley@opubco.com

Main number: (405) 475-3311

9000 North Broadway, Oklahoma City, OK 73114
P.O. Box 25125, Oklahoma City, OK 73125

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

markand wrote:
The Oklahoman newspaper also published an article on this shooting. I spoke to the reporter, a Robert Medley just a few minutes ago (about 3:40 PM EST). I pointed out that the full name and address of the victim, prominently printed on his report, could be dangerous to the victim. The intruder has obviously had other encounters with law enforcement (the photo in the article shows the intruder in orange prison garb). It is not at all unlikely that this guy had "business associates" or family members who might be very unhappy with the woman who so calmly and bravely defended herself.

Mr. Medley was completely unwilling to do anything to help protect the victim's life, like removing the victims full name and complete address!! He pointed out, and I agree, that if the Mexican drug cartel really wanted to get to this woman, they probably could whether the address is published in his newspaper or not. I countered with, "Why draw a giant arrow pointing straight to this woman's home, essentially painting a bulls-eye on her back? Why make it easy to exact revenge?" He said his orders were to publish as much information as he had, and that's what he was going to do.

The report is at:

http://newsok.com/woman-shoots-and-kills-intruder-in-lincoln-county/article/3422498

ROBERT MEDLEY
rmedley@opubco.com

I wonder if this POS (Piece-Of-Schumer) reporter would report this much information if the victim was his mother, or a close neighbor?

SouthernBoy

imported post

This is the second time I have heard this today though this time, there is a lot more to hear (the first one ended before the break-in).

This is an excellent example of two things. One is the amount of time it took the police to respond to the call. But the other one shows the dramatic and almost extreme change in the lady's demeanor from before she shot and afterwards when the reality of what she had to do began to set in. I am of the opinion that this tends to happen to a lot, perhaps most, of the people who find they have to administer a deadly response to a threat. I also think that it comes unexpectedly and maybe even as a surprise to some. And finally, I think it is a pretty normal reaction to an extreme event.

Thoughts and comments on this are appreciated.

jtallen1190

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
markand wrote:

The report is at:

ROBERT MEDLEY
rmedley@opubco.com

I wonder if this POS (Piece-Of-Schumer) reporter would report this much information if the victim was his mother, or a close neighbor?
You would think that they wouldnt list all that information. What is the reason for that. They could be making the person a target to other people. This does not make much sense to me. I say the woman protected herself the right way. She could have lost her life if they were armed and tried to take her life. God bless her for being able to do the right thing. You cant take any chances these days. Criminals who do these kinds of things know the risk that they are taking. We have the right to defend ourselves and our loved ones. Obviously the cops are not quick enough in a life or death situation. It only takes a split second to take a life or to become a victim.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

Here's what I wanted to leave as a voicemail, but I got a live person instead:

So, I hear you (or "reporter Robert Medley", if you get a general mailbox) are using the time-dishonored excuse of "I was just following orders" by posting Donna Jackson's address. I sincerely hope you are held criminally liable in the event she is raped and murdered based on the private information you provided to the entire criminal underworld.

We need to figure out his extension so we can call direct at 2 am.

SouthernBoy

imported post

TFred wrote:
Wow, that's a chilling tape, the wait is agonizing.

When seconds count, the cops are only 24 minutes away.

TFred
Really.

They do what they can and they don't wish to see good people hurt or killed. But it is a rare occurrence indeed when they are present at the moment a crime like this goes down. Most of the time, they draw diagrams, take pictures, interview people, and file reports. What gets me is the audacity that some police chiefs have when they know exactly what happens on the street, but they continue to advise people to do the most ridiculous things which can lead to their serious injury or their death.

autosurgeon

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Interesting story, but not at all a 2nd amendment concern.
Your point sir??? Didn't have anything better to add perhaps?

As for the printing of her address... that is ridicules and needs to be stopped. The problem is these liberal self serving quakes actually want for her to have to do this again as it sells papers!