• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lady Open Carriers, Sound Off

Riana

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Why is her finger on that trigger? :uhoh:

Obviously there's something on the ceiling that needs to be shot. Perhaps a large spider.

MacFL_1244483792_364.jpg

I'd shoot that. :shock:

Riana

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
Tell us what you carry, an experiences you have had & a picture is always helpful.
I carry a S&W Model 60 snubby, most people doesn't even notice it, and I don't show up on film. :dude:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

this is the ONLY picture I could find, of a woman and a gun , who's finger was not in the trigger guard.....pretty bad I know.

She is a British Trooper.

Dreamer

imported post

That HAS to be a model, not a real female soldier. That flash on the cap looks Canadian, but I don't think even the Canadian military has such lax grooming standards that they allow foundation, blush, eyeliner, and lash extender/mascara. There's just no way she is really "active duty", unless she's been assigned to guard a Sephora or L'Oreal outlet...

She's pretty, but I call shenanigans.... ;)

Besides, that rifle looks like a Chinese Type 97 semi-auto (their civilian model of the QBZ-97 Bullpup), which is NOT what the Canadian's use as a battle rifle. They are currently using the C7, which is an M-16 variant, with a few C3A1's which are a Sterling variant. I've even heard that there are a few Steyr AUG's in circulation, but they're mostly used by the "elite" forces...

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

[align=center]
l85a1.jpg
[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]
[/align] [align=center] Caliber 5.56 Cartridge type 5.56 x 45mm (.223 Rem) Dimensions and weight Total weight (with loaded magazine and sight) ~ 5 000g Total weight (without magazine and sight) 3 800g Overall length 785 mm Barrel length 518 mm Fire characteristics Bullet initial speed 940m/s Rate of fire 650 - 700rpm Practical rate of fire 40 - 100rpm Magazine capacity 30 rounds Sighting range 600m [/align] [align=center] [/align] The "Enfield" L85A1 is the main Great Britain army automatic rifle. The first "bullpup" design rifles appeared in 1950-ties although only in 1974 British began to design their new "bullpup" design automatic rifle to replace out-dated L1A1 Rifles (British made FN FAL). Since 1980 the "Enfield" L85A1 is serially produced.
"Bullpup" design features decreased rifle's length comparing with other ordinary automatic rifles. Furthermore it became more comfortable to use not only in the battlefield, but in a limited space areas such as armored personnel carriers as well.
l85a1_2.jpg

It's automatic works on the gas returning principle. Rifle executes single and automatic fire. Safety lock is made as a button. It is located above the trigger guard. Reloading handle is positioned from the right side. This feature is considered as disadvantage, because rear modern "bullpup" design rifle has no ambidextrous use ability. Cartridge-case extraction opening is covered by plate when inactive to prevent dirt from getting in. Gas chamber has three adjustable positions for normal shooting, for shooting in impure conditions (widely opened) and firing rifle grenades (closed).
The L85A1 is made from a stamped steel. There is also used welding assembling rifle. Some parts are made from extra tight nylon.
Weapon is fed from the standard NATO (STANAG) 30 round magazines similar to the M16 Automatic Rifle.
l85a1_3.jpg

The "Enfield" L85A1 has a main "SUSAT" L9A1 optical sight (Sight Unit, Small Arms, Trilux). It is designed especially for 5.56 x 45 mm chambered firearms. This sight is produced since 1985 and recommended itself well during the operation "Desert Storm". It has 4x magnification and 10 degrees sighting angle. Sight is mounted on a quickly-detachable mount. It's dimensions are 145 x 60 x 60 mm and it has weight in 470 g. Furthermore the L85A1 is compatible with a night vision sights. Furthermore there is ability to use opened sight in extreme situation. Some rifles intended for second-line troops are completed with opened sights only built in the carrying handles.
Automatic rifle is fitted with a multipurpose knife-bayonet. Unfortunately it has one disadvantage. Firing with attached knife-bayonet it heats and becomes troublesome in dismantling.
Later the "Enfield" Automatic Rifle was improved in 1997 after constant troops complaints on this rifle. The main problems were troublesome maintenance and low reliability. This improved variant was named L85A2. Improvement works were made during 2000 - 2002 when 200 000 of ex
l85a1_4.jpg
isting 320 000 L85A1 Automatic Rifles were improved. Unfortunately improved model features the same disadvantages.

There were designed later versions of the "Enfield" L85A1 Automatic Rifle:
- The L85A1IW Assault Rifle
- The L86A1 Light Machine Gun.
These both variants have a great number of interchangeable parts and mechanisms with the base model.
- The L98A1 is a manually operated rifle with a gas system removed and a larger cocking handle attached. It is used to train army cadets for basic rifle handling and shooting skills.
The future of the "Enfield" L85 Automatic Rifle remains unclear. It is most probably, that by the year 2006 it will be replaced by the "Heckler & Koch" G36 Automatic Rifle.
[align=center]Advantages[/align] Compact dimensions. Ability to fire rifle grenades screwed on the muzzle break. Compatible with NATO standards. Weapon is completed with optical sight as standard.
[align=center]Disadvantages[/align] Low reliability and troublesome maintenance. Weapon requires usual cleaning. Heavy weight and bad balance makes rifle poorly controllable during automatic fire. Bayonet heats what complicates it's dismantling. Unreliable cartridge-case extraction. Uncomfortable magazine replacement.

Once again, This woman is a British Trooper.

Dreamer

imported post

I stand corrected on the rifle...

But I still think the mascara is not "John Bull's standard issue"... ;)

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:
Yeah, I know trigger control.... but just look at her, her finger can be anywhere she want's it to be...:D

Tossing the bullshit flag here.

There is NO EXCUSE for stupid trigger or muzzle discipline, nor can there be any excuse for those who would excuse such.

Safety is not only for those who don't meet a certain looks standard.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Tess wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:
Yeah, I know trigger control.... but just look at her, her finger can be anywhere she want's it to be...:D

Tossing the bull@#$% flag here.

There is NO EXCUSE for stupid trigger or muzzle discipline, nor can there be any excuse for those who would excuse such.

HI, Tess you can toss any flag you want too & chill the heck out, I was not being serious:?. Although hot women get's points for their looks, because normally they lack the smarts to keep their fingers away from the trigger or they aim a loaded gun at someone on the firing line, not all women are challenged this way, but normally they ain't the brightest bulb in the room when it come to guns:idea:. There should be NO EXCUSE for people that take life too seriously & what they read on internet boards too seriously. I am the first one to preach SAFETY , trigger control, muzzle control, etc when I am taking someone that is new to guns to the rifle range. So, kindly back off me, you ain't my woman (( Thank God )):celebrate

WheelGun

imported post

Although hot women get's points for their looks, because normally they lack the smarts to keep their fingers away from the trigger or they aim a loaded gun at someone on the firing line, not all women are challenged this way, but normally they ain't the brightest bulb in the room when it come to guns
How do you spell misogynist?

I personally know that a smoking hot woman is more likely to hold a firearm properly, because truly beautiful women are more likely to be highly intelligent. It's a simple fact of being genetically blessed.

The only beautiful woman I concern myself with does not carry a firearm.

I carry it for her.

Riana

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
Riana wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
Tell us what you carry, an experiences you have had & a picture is always helpful.
I carry a S&W Model 60 snubby, most people doesn't even notice it, and I don't show up on film. :dude:
why are you a vampire ? :) no reflection

Such is the rumor. :lol:

I'm usually the one taking the pictures, not posing.

Wasp

imported post

I serve with many women in the Marines and have found that they are pretty handy with weapons. It would really make my day to have my wife entertain the thought of going shooting with me. My children all understand safe use and storage offirearms. It is only my wife that does not.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Wasp wrote:
I serve with many women in the Marines and have found that they are pretty handy with weapons. It would really make my day to have my wife entertain the thought of going shooting with me. My children all understand safe use and storage offirearms. It is only my wife that does not.
I know a bunch of ladies, that are good with weapons. I never said ALL are unsafe. A few of the attractive ladies that I have taken to the range are let's say , uneducated with gun safe handling, because they were never around them before. Once told the 4 rules, and shown basic handling, they are ok.

1. never aim a gun at anything you are not willing to destroy
2. Always be aware of what is behind & beyond your target
3. Never put your finger inside the trigger guard , until your ready to fire
4. Always maintain safe muzzle discipline , never accidentally aim a gun at a person, car, home, etc. keep the weapon pointed in a safe direction.

I would hope any Marine / military member, Male or Female would come to understand proper weapons handling procedures after Basic Training. thank you for your service.:)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
Tess wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:

HI, Tess you can toss any flag you want too & chill the heck out, I was not being serious:?. Although hot women get's points for their looks, because normally they lack the smarts to keep their fingers away from the trigger or they aim a loaded gun at someone on the firing line, not all women are challenged this way, but normally they ain't the brightest bulb in the room when it come to guns:idea:. There should be NO EXCUSE for people that take life & what they read on internet boards too seriously. I am the first one to preach SAFETY , trigger control, muzzle control, etc when I am taking someone that is new to guns to the rifle range. So, kindly back off me, you ain't my woman (( Thank God )):celebrate
Not exactly the gentlemanly response that I would have expected from a "campaign veteran." :?

Yata hey

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
Tess wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:

HI, Tess you can toss any flag you want too & chill the heck out, I was not being serious:?. Although hot women get's points for their looks, because normally they lack the smarts to keep their fingers away from the trigger or they aim a loaded gun at someone on the firing line, not all women are challenged this way, but normally they ain't the brightest bulb in the room when it come to guns:idea:. There should be NO EXCUSE for people that take life & what they read on internet boards too seriously. I am the first one to preach SAFETY , trigger control, muzzle control, etc when I am taking someone that is new to guns to the rifle range. So, kindly back off me, you ain't my woman (( Thank God )):celebrate
Not exactly the gentlemanly response that I would have expected from a "campaign veteran." :?

Yata hey
I never claimed to be a gentleman & she started Barking at me first. oh, yeah campaign veteran's , donated MONEY to this site for the PR Radio Campaign meaning I also put my money where my mouth is.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

Yata hey
I never claimed to be a gentleman & she started Barking at me first. oh, yeah campaign veteran's , donated MONEY to this site for the PR Radio Campaign meaning I also put my money where my mouth is.
Perhaps the problem is that Tess was not joking and was right - some men have a problem with that - don't be one of those. BTW - her bite is considerably worse than her bark. :)

Am aware of the various "merit badges" and what they indicate; however, respect is earned not awarded. Tess has put a considerable amount of time, energy and money into the RKBA and done so frequently without the recognition she deserves. Her opinion is valued here.

My 2 cents worth.

Yata hey

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
1. never aim a gun at anything you are not willing to destroy.
The word is cover and not "aim" for a reason. Something inadvertently destroyed by an un-aimed shot is just as destroyed or, worse, dead.

MUZZLE - Cover with the MUZZLE only that which would be destroyed.

Glock34 wrote:
"Duuuh, I knew he was there but I thought he was moving. I was 'aware' maan!"

TARGET - Know and love your target and what is beyond.

Glock34 wrote:
TRIGGER - Keep your finger off the TRIGGER.

Glock34 wrote:
4. Always maintain safe muzzle discipline , never accidentally aim a gun at a person, car, home, etc. keep the weapon pointed in a safe direction.
LOADED - All guns are loaded until they are not.

Glock34 wrote:
LOADED, MUZZLE, TRIGGER & TARGET; there are the precepts of safe gun handling. At least one must be violated and safety obviated in order to fire.

Memorize them word-for-word. They are God words from beyond your paygrade, from above 'NCO'. I don't give a shiite if you don't like the wording, it is designed to raise your consciousness.