• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lady Open Carriers, Sound Off

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Am aware of the various "merit badges" and what they indicate; however, respect is earned not awarded. Tess has put a considerable amount of time, energy and money into the RKBA and done so frequently without the recognition she deserves. Her opinion is valued here.

My 2 cents worth.

Yata hey
Well said. Emphasis mine.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
1. never aim a gun at anything you are not willing to destroy.
The word is cover and not "aim" for a reason. Something inadvertently destroyed by an un-aimed shot is just as destroyed or, worse, dead.

MUZZLE - Cover with the MUZZLE only that which would be destroyed.

Glock34 wrote:
2. Always be aware of what is behind & beyond your target
"Duuuh, I knew he was there but I thought he was moving. I was 'aware' maan!"

TARGET - Know and love your target and what is beyond.

Glock34 wrote:
3. Never put your finger inside the trigger guard , until your ready to fire
TRIGGER - Keep your finger off the TRIGGER.

Glock34 wrote:
1. never aim a gun at anything you are not willing to destroy
4. Always maintain safe muzzle discipline , never accidentally aim a gun at a person, car, home, etc. keep the weapon pointed in a safe direction.
LOADED - All guns are loaded until they are not.

Glock34 wrote:
1. never aim a gun at anything you are not willing to destroy
4. Always maintain safe muzzle discipline , never accidentally aim a gun at a person, car, home, etc. keep the weapon pointed in a safe direction.
LOADED, MUZZLE, TRIGGER & TARGET; there are the precepts of safe gun handling. At least one must be violated and safety obviated in order to fire.

Memorize them word-for-word. They are God words from beyond your paygrade, from above 'NCO'. I don't give a shiite if you don't like the wording, it is designed to raise your consciousness.
Congrats, your the official OC word police ....:?

hp-hobo

imported post

Riana wrote:
*sigh* Ah, well. Another thread down the crapper. :?
It's just as well. The OP was nothing more than a thinly veiled attempt to get women to post pictures of themselves. No doubt the "hotter" the better.

I think they already have websites for that. Only $29.99 a month. :quirky

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

hp-hobo wrote:
Riana wrote:
*sigh* Ah, well.  Another thread down the crapper.  :?
It's just as well.  The OP was nothing more than a thinly veiled attempt to get women to post pictures of themselves.  No doubt the "hotter" the better.

I think they already have websites for that.  Only $29.99 a month.  :quirky

Someplace else he can put his money.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

well guys...if you take the time to scroll down through the reply's, looks to me like, TESS YOUR GIRL initiated this threads downward spiral into the Toilet, NOT I . it was going just fine until she injected her bad karma :X. So I agree another thread down the crapper due to a troll, in this case the trolls name is Tess, a founders club member , Founders club members must be really special , they can crap on a persons thread & blame it on other people. Go Figure:? , you Virginia members MUST just be one big special click with a holier than though chip on your shoulders.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
well guys...if you take the time to scroll down through the reply's, looks to me like, TESS YOUR GIRL initiated this threads downward spiral into the Toilet, NOT I . it was going just fine until she injected her bad karma :X. So I agree another thread down the crapper due to a troll, in this case the trolls name is Tess, a founders club member , Founders club members must be really special , they can crap on a persons thread & blame it on other people. Go Figure:? , you Virginia members MUST just be one big special click with a holier than though chip on your shoulders.
To offer an opinion is decidedly not bad karma. What is unacceptable is not following the rules:

[font="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"]5) While you may disagree strongly with another poster based upon their opinion, we will NOT tolerate any personal attacks[/font].
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum1/1.html

Yata hey

Riana

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
well guys...if you take the time to scroll down through the reply's, looks to me like, TESS YOUR GIRL initiated this threads downward spiral into the Toilet, NOT I.
Actually, the way I read it,the "downward spiral" was initiated not byTess' response, but your reponse to Tess. That's when the finger pointing and derogatory comments started.

Just my opinion. I knew I should have bypassed this thread...

XD40coyote

imported post

What a stupid thread! Oh and I have PMS... and a handgun.

( btw I have an XD40 I am quite fond of, and it has even taken strolls with me out in the wide open, past a police station- twice!)

TehGruu

imported post

XD40coyote wrote:

( btw I have an XD40 I am quite fond of, and it has even taken strolls with me out in the wide open, past a police station- twice!)

Glad you're stuck in Maryland...

-Gruu

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

TehGruu wrote:
XD40coyote wrote:

Glad you're stuck in Maryland...

-Gruu
:celebrate , I guess I should have know my Thread would have gone to the crapper, when a person with an Avatar with O SHHIT in it shows up, go figure :lol:....I OC everyday, you just once in a while, huh....:? Maryland , that's over there in Liberal central , glad I am in the Midwest.:)

Blahh...

ODA 226

imported post

Maybe Tess should start a new thread entitled," GUYS IN MULTICAM WHO WEAR THEIR KNIVES UPSIDE DOWN AND WEAR SECRET SQUIRREL HATS...SHOW US YOUR PICS!" :p

fully_armed_biker

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
Maryland , that's over there in Liberal central , glad I am in the Midwest.:)

Blahh...

Spoken likea true ignorant cheesehead! In what kind of beer and brat inducedaltered state of minddo you consider Wisconsin some bastion of conservativism? The last time WI was won by a conservative presidential candidate was to re-elect Reagan...25 years ago!

Wisconsin...where men are men and the cows are scared :shock:!!!