Thread: Guns (very good read)

Post imported post

I received this in an e-mail and thought you guys might like it. It is long so I put it in a notepad file as not to take up a lot of room. I hope it works.

Post imported post

Does anyone remember that today is Pearl Harbor Day? I just samplled five people and only ONE of them remembered without prodding or a hint. But I am really perturbed that our British cousins seem to have forgotten that bad guys can only be repulsed by superior force.

It is worse than this memo. The police, so proud of their tradition of not caarrying firearms, have capitulated to reality but even now the reaction is typically nutty. Firearms, usually one pistol for a two-man team (crew-served SIGs?) and "carried" in the TRUNK of a specially-marked (as in red and yellow stripes) of a "firearms unit". You could unlimber Big Bertha before a limey cop could get to his pistol.

The Brits don't need no stinkin' Magna Carta. As evidenced by the fact that for instance teams of trucks roam the place loking for signals emitted by untaxed televisions :shock:

Think it cannot happen here? Right now they are pushing "smart" utility meters that will allow "the authorities" to monitor electricity and water usage of individual ccitizens and even cut off power if "too much" is being used. Also this could provide info on when you get home, when you are in the shower and when you use the can. There is a "smart meter" on my building right now but it is one meter for all 20 units plus the restaurant so I am not too worried.....yet.

What we have that the Brits do not is the First and Second Amendments. Thanks to the 1A, this "Man made climate change" business has been exposed as a fraud (although the enviro Nazis are trying to quell the firestorm, but they will be consumed); and free speech and press is protected vigilantly here (not that the 1A does not have enemies - and they are often the same enemies as hate the 2A).

IMO all this Obamacare and "cap and trade" and climate fraud crap are starting to form a pattern of actions designed to reduce us under absolute despotism. As a cure, we have the "three boxes": Soap, Ballot, and Cartridge.

Post imported post

What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Good read, and sadly this already happens to some degree here, in many locales.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

Apparently Great Britian is still engaged in this crazy version of "justice". Looking for an update on this case, I ran across this article from just a few days ago:

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...ured-by-victim

What an absolute failure of a criminal justice system. I think anarchy would be better, at least that system is somewhat fair.

The blurb at the end says that Tony Martin's conviction was reduced to Manslaughter and he is now free.

TFred

Post imported post

TFred wrote:
    Apparently Great Britian is still engaged in this crazy version of "justice". Looking for an update on this case, I ran across this article from just a few days ago:

What an absolute failure of a criminal justice system. I think anarchy would be better, at least that system is somewhat fair.

The blurb at the end says that Tony Martin's conviction was reduced to Manslaughter and he is now free.

TFred

That story is unbelievable. Read this quote out loud to yourself several times.

"Criminal proceedings against Mr Mergalhao were dropped when Edwards made it clear he did not want his victim prosecuted."

WTF?

Post imported post

Too bad for the burglar that the 'Brazilian's' apartment was not a 'three litre vodka bottle-free zone"

Post imported post

buster81 wrote:
    TFred wrote:

TFred

That story is unbelievable. Read this quote out loud to yourself several times.

"Criminal proceedings against Mr Mergalhao were dropped when Edwards made it clear he did not want his victim prosecuted."

WTF?
    And everyone wonders why I was so glad to leave there...