Thread: UOC on BART

Post imported post

I am not able to find any kind of specific laws regarding UOC on BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit). Is anyone aware of any prohibitions with regards to UOC on BART?

Post imported post

Rusty wrote:
    I am not able to find any kind of specific laws regarding UOC on BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit). Is anyone aware of any prohibitions with regards to UOC on BART?
    171b - BART stations are all public buildings as defined by the code. If it were possible to get on the train and not stop in a station, you could uoc on BART.
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Post imported post

So a BART station is a "Public Building"? IC...

Post imported post

Are there any schools within 1000' of the tracks you'll be on?

Post imported post

Even the BART train itself might bea 171b location if there is a conductor onboard.

Post imported post

mjones wrote:
    Even the BART train itself might bea 171b location if there is a conductor onboard.
    I highly doubt that a train can be considered a building. And PC 171b deals with public BUILDINGS, not public vehicles.

PC 171 b
    (c) As used in this section, "state or local public building" means a building that meets all of the following criteria:
    (1) It is a building or part of a building owned or leased by the state or local government, if state or local public employees are regularly present for the purposes of performing their official duties. A state or local public building includes, but is not limited to, a building that contains a courtroom.
    (2) It is not a building or facility, or a part thereof, that is referred to in Section 171c, 171d, 626.9, 626.95, or 626.10 of this code, or in Section 18544 of the Elections Code.
    (3) It is a building not regularly used, and not intended to be used, by state or local employees as a place of residence.

Post imported post

I was really interested in Public Transportation in general as well, and saw someone post that firearms were not allowed on BART (not on this forum, on another unrelated to UOC topic).

But the real problem with public transportation (in general) is CPC 626.9 (GFSZ), as almost any public transit route will take you within several school zones. I mean even looking at a map, it is almost impossible to drive anywhere without passing through one.

I normally take public transit (living in the bay area, this is quite common).

Post imported post

But the real problem with public transportation (in general) is CPC 626.9 (GFSZ), as almost any public transit route will take you within several school zones. I mean even looking at a map, it is almost impossible to drive anywhere without passing through one.

It looks like your answered your own question. Riding on BART and driving in your carwould be the same. I wouldn't risk it.

A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.