• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UOC on BART

Rusty

imported post

I am not able to find any kind of specific laws regarding UOC on BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit). Is anyone aware of any prohibitions with regards to UOC on BART?

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

Rusty wrote:
I am not able to find any kind of specific laws regarding UOC on BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit). Is anyone aware of any prohibitions with regards to UOC on BART?
171b - BART stations are all public buildings as defined by the code. If it were possible to get on the train and not stop in a station, you could uoc on BART.

mjones

imported post

Even the BART train itself might bea 171b location if there is a conductor onboard.

Decoligny

imported post

mjones wrote:
Even the BART train itself might bea 171b location if there is a conductor onboard.
I highly doubt that a train can be considered a building. And PC 171b deals with public BUILDINGS, not public vehicles.

PC 171 b
(c) As used in this section, "state or local public building" means a building that meets all of the following criteria:
(1) It is a building or part of a building owned or leased by the state or local government, if state or local public employees are regularly present for the purposes of performing their official duties. A state or local public building includes, but is not limited to, a building that contains a courtroom.
(2) It is not a building or facility, or a part thereof, that is referred to in Section 171c, 171d, 626.9, 626.95, or 626.10 of this code, or in Section 18544 of the Elections Code.
(3) It is a building not regularly used, and not intended to be used, by state or local employees as a place of residence.

Rusty

imported post

I was really interested in Public Transportation in general as well, and saw someone post that firearms were not allowed on BART (not on this forum, on another unrelated to UOC topic).

But the real problem with public transportation (in general) is CPC 626.9 (GFSZ), as almost any public transit route will take you within several school zones. I mean even looking at a map, it is almost impossible to drive anywhere without passing through one.

I normally take public transit (living in the bay area, this is quite common).

Gundude

imported post

But the real problem with public transportation (in general) is CPC 626.9 (GFSZ), as almost any public transit route will take you within several school zones. I mean even looking at a map, it is almost impossible to drive anywhere without passing through one.

It looks like your answered your own question. Riding on BART and driving in your carwould be the same. I wouldn't risk it.