• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I need some advice

aadvark

imported post

If I were you, then, I would:

1. Immediately contact the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation to inform them that you have been 'grievanced' by this BAFTE's agent call, and

2. Inform them that you wish to dispute the information contained on their NICS and NCIC Files about yourself, and

3. Inform them that you also wish to dispute any records on File with the 'point-of-contact' as it pertains to Wisconsin, as it is not a full 'contact-point' as are other States, such as Minnesota.

The contact information for The United States Federal Bureau of Investigation is:

Federal Bureau of Investigation
Criminal Justice Information Services Division
Attention: Correspondence Group, Module D-2
1000 Custer Hollow Road
Clarksburg, WV 26306
Telephone Number: (304) 625-3878

Furthermore, The Appeals Board thereof provides that:

Individuals who are denied the purchase of a firearm may request that the NICS or the state which processed their transaction provide the reasons for the denial. The regulations address the process for filing an appeal. Appellants must include the NTN assigned to their transaction. Appeals may be submitted via facsimile at 1-888-550-6427; by e-mail at nicsappeals@leo.gov; or by mail to the FBI, Criminal Justice Information Services Division, NICS Section, Appeal Services Team, Post Office Box 4278, Clarksburg, West Virginia 26302-9922.

cleveland

imported post

I was charged with "Hindering an officer" when I was a teen. When I asked what that meant, he said that's what we charge you with when you don't follow orders.

Mr.arker

imported post

Hi:
Aside from what Doug Huffman said about juvenile statutes, there is no state statute. I called the local Milwaukee legislative reference bureau and they said there is no specific ordinance but that term is used as grounds for DC, hindering,resisting arrest etc. For example, if you're in a crowd, told to disperse and you don't- you're failing to obey a lawful order.
Sorry about the confusion.

pierre

imported post

aadvark wrote
Furthermore, The Appeals Board thereof provides that:

Individuals who are denied the purchase of a firearm may request that the NICS or the state which processed their transaction provide the reasons for the denial. The regulations address the process for filing an appeal. Appellants must include the NTN assigned to their transaction. Appeals may be submitted via facsimile at 1-888-550-6427; by e-mail at nicsappeals@leo.gov; or by mail to the FBI, Criminal Justice Information Services Division, NICS Section, Appeal Services Team, Post Office Box 4278, Clarksburg, West Virginia 26302-9922.
Thanks for this aardvark... this seems like a good place to start the ball rolling once we have the court records.