Thread: How long in between taking the CPL class, and application date

Post imported post

I'm not yet 21, but I'm curious if I can take the class now, and just apply when I turn 21 (9 months).

I can't find anything about it online, so I was hoping someone here knows more about it.

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Yes, you can take the class now and apply when you turn 21. There is no expiration date on your certificate.

Post imported post

BreakingTheMold wrote:
    I'm not yet 21, but I'm curious if I can take the class now, and just apply when I turn 21 (9 months).

I can't find anything about it online, so I was hoping someone here knows more about it.

As long as you have a valid certificate for the CPL course there is no expiration date from what I've read both in the MCL on CPL permits. Definitely only 9 months there's no worries I'd be more worried if you held it for several years. Read the application for the CPL and the MCL statute for it. The CPL app lists the exact class but does not state how recent the class must be and neither does the statute from what I read so I'd say it doesn't expire unless they change the law.

Mike

Post imported post

mikestilly wrote:
    BreakingTheMold wrote:

As long as you have a valid certificate for the CPL course there is no expiration date from what I've read both in the MCL on CPL permits. Definitely only 9 months there's no worries I'd be more worried if you held it for several years. Read the application for the CPL and the MCL statute for it. The CPL app lists the exact class but does not state how recent the class must be and neither does the statute from what I read so I'd say it doesn't expire unless they change the law.

Mike
    I took my CPL training in 06' and used my cert to get my CPL in 09'.Thats how long it took me after they screwed me around.This was in Macomb county.
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!