• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How long in between taking the CPL class, and application date

BreakingTheMold

imported post

I'm not yet 21, but I'm curious if I can take the class now, and just apply when I turn 21 (9 months).

I can't find anything about it online, so I was hoping someone here knows more about it.

mikestilly

imported post

BreakingTheMold wrote:
I'm not yet 21, but I'm curious if I can take the class now, and just apply when I turn 21 (9 months).

I can't find anything about it online, so I was hoping someone here knows more about it.

As long as you have a valid certificate for the CPL course there is no expiration date from what I've read both in the MCL on CPL permits. Definitely only 9 months there's no worries I'd be more worried if you held it for several years. Read the application for the CPL and the MCL statute for it. The CPL app lists the exact class but does not state how recent the class must be and neither does the statute from what I read so I'd say it doesn't expire unless they change the law.

Mike

Haman J.T.

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
BreakingTheMold wrote:

As long as you have a valid certificate for the CPL course there is no expiration date from what I've read both in the MCL on CPL permits. Definitely only 9 months there's no worries I'd be more worried if you held it for several years. Read the application for the CPL and the MCL statute for it. The CPL app lists the exact class but does not state how recent the class must be and neither does the statute from what I read so I'd say it doesn't expire unless they change the law.

Mike
I took my CPL training in 06' and used my cert to get my CPL in 09'.Thats how long it took me after they screwed me around.This was in Macomb county.