• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lynchburg Area - OC reports

Va_Nemo

Most Interesting Visit to Home Depot

Stopped there this afternoon. When I left I had a very unusual conversation. A Af/Am lady, mid 40s or so was staring at the back window of my truck. Of course I mostly OC but had a heavy flannel shirt on that was mostly covering my sidearm, a Springfield Ultra Compact 1911 in a Blackhawk Serpa. I am confident she did not see it.

I have a sticker from the NRA, Georgia Carry (Ga state equivalent to VCDL), VCDL, (you know what that is) Izaak Walton and a VCDL GUNS SAVE LIVES bumper sticker (http://vcdl-gear.myshopify.com/collections/bumper-stickers)

They are arranged and concentrated on the drivers side. Over on the passenger side I have a bumper sticker that says I Think, Therefore I'm Dangerous.They are all in the rear window. I have nothing on the bumper or such.

I asked her if she had questions and she just commented that with all those stickers I had to have guns and I claimed I was dangerous so I must be. I advised her to consider the think part and that I think about what the politicians are saying and research it to get facts and do not blindly accept their claims as true. I advised her I basically I do not eat the pablum they put out but learn and think myself.

She stated she was going to take a picture of it and did so, then told me I must be dangerous and left at a quick pace.

So if you see a photo of an F-150 with a back window similar to what is described above please let me know where and PM a link. I do not do facebook so you might need to share a direct link.

Nemo

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
My license plate reads "Yata Hey"

When 2 elderly ladies asked me what that meant, I told them truthfully it means 'It's a good day for dying." They gasped and sped off.

Understand that if it is a good day to die, then conversely it must be a good day to live.

So if you see a white Dodge Ram short bed with Virginia 'Yata Hey' plate, wave me down and I'll buy you a cup of coffee.

Yata hey also translates to say 'Hello' or 'Goodby' as well as being a war cry. How do you tell the difference?
Listen to the tone of my voice...:D

Va_Nemo

Not having a Roanoke/Salem thread, I choose to put this here.

Anyone going to the Salem gun show this weekend? I will be working the VCDL table the greater part of one of the days. Not sure which yet. If you are there, from here stop by and ask for me. I respond well to Nemo, or just ask for the Man of Myth and Legend. Thats me also.

And really, I do fit that description.

Nemo

Last edited:

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Figured I'd update this thread one more time before moving out the Burg. I got laid off back in November, with layoff warning provided at the end of October. As a result, our eating and getting out places took a big drop, by I still OCed around town where I went with no issues at all. I'll be moving to Augusta, GA soon and hope to be involved with their firearms and self defense organizations while there. Those of you who have contributed to this thread over the years have my gratitude! Keep up the efforts. :)

HPmatt

Best wishes to you and the family on the move. That hits 2 of three major stress items - moving and a new job.