• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lynchburg Area - OC reports

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I've been swamped with work all week so I haven't had much chance to get out and about. Tonight, however, Mrs.Jmelvin and I joined Jero, Mrs.Jero and William at Texas Roadhouse, all of OCing and we had a good dinner and good time. Our server was nice, but a touch too chatty for 5 people out who want to enjoy each others company. All in all it was a nice break from the tough week at work.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Still been swamped with work so most of my time has been spent in the office. Yesterday, however, I OCed at the local Logan's Roadhouse for lunch, Wal-Mart last evening and then Olive Garden for dinner. OCed today at the Blue Dahlia for lunch, Autozone on Timberlake, Campbell Co. dump transfer station in Rustburg and then at Milano's in Boonsboro for dinner. No issues anywhere. :)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

nuc65 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=iUMurKinTVE

I offer this as a comment... I did carry some at Krogers and on Rivermont, no issues. I personally believe that all the bill of rights are intertwined and have wondered about the census asking anything other than how many people are there. I wonder if there will be a question about how many firearms do you own.
Urban myth - would not answer it even if there were.

Yata hey

nuc65

Activist Member
imported post

That being the point... I will not answer any question by the US CENSUS other than how many people live here. The rest of it is not constitutionally allowed.

nuc65

Activist Member
imported post

Today, as of 8am, I was shopping in Walmart (Madison Heights). A co-manager named Brian stopped me and inquired as to the status of live ammunition in my revolver. I did not answer and he continued by stating that any store that sells live ammunition may not allow a loaded handgun, such as Bass and some other place. I allowed that I have never heard of such and having been in Bass and Dicks and a couple of stores that sell live ammo and guns a few times this was the first time someone had said this. He asked if I had ever been to a gun show. At this time I decided he was reaching and listened as he talked about trying to make a deal for a Mossberg 900, shooting his girlfriends .22 and a couple of other things to with guns. Eventually, another employee needed his advice about something and he wandered off as I finished my shopping, paid and left.

I had some thoughts, a couple of them were even germain. One being that I don't know what good a gun without ammo is, except as a paperweight or a club {or in the movies as a poorly thrown rock}. The other being that I was not going to take my gun out of its holster without intending on using it, because I could see someone charging me with brandishing.

Anyway, I was just sharing with. (I end for Grapeshot herewith)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

nuc65 wrote:
That being the point... I will not answer any question by the US CENSUS other than how many people live here. The rest of it is not constitutionally allowed.
Sad thing is, they have made a practice of asking neighbors about neighbors - fill in the blanks so to speak. Big brother will get the answers.

Yata hey

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I've done a little OCing around town in the past few days. Saturday I OCed at O'Charleys for lunch and then at Texas Roadhouse for dinner with a trip to the local Wally World afterward. Sundaynight OCed at the local Barnes & Noble with no issues then the wife and I tried Macados where I OCed without incident.

Monday night I OCed at Ledo's Pizza where the wife and I met Jero, Mrs.Jero and William for a tasty dinner and good company. Tonight I OCed for dinner at Logan's Roadhouse with the wifester where we chit chatted at length with one of the managers about VCDLs upcoming meeting here in town, carrying in general and the city of Roanoke requiring his grandfather in law is being required to come to an interview with a circuit court judge just to be considered for his CHP.

I provided the manager with info on how to contact the chief justice of the Virginia Supreme Court in regard to the Roanoke circuit court's actions and recommended he have a chat with VCDL leadership if he had any troubles after chatting with the chief justice's office. Thewifeand I both gave a bit more info on the VCDL and recommended he stop by our little place on the web right here. :)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

jmelvin wrote:
the city of Roanoke requiring his grandfather in law is being required to come to an interview with a circuit court judge just to be considered for his CHP.

I provided the manager with info on how to contact the chief justice of the Virginia Supreme Court in regard to the Roanoke circuit court's actions and recommended he have a chat with VCDL leadership if he had any troubles after chatting with the chief justice's office. Thewifeand I both gave a bit more info on the VCDL and recommended he stop by our little place on the web right here. :)
Very interested in how this turns out - suggest letting PVC know - its good for VaAlert information.

Yata hey

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Wow the time gets away from me when I'm busy. You know you other Lynchburgers can reply in this thread too!

Anyway, I've been busy again, but I've had more of a chance to OC in the past week than the past few. OCed at the Neighbor's Place Thursday night and then OCed at The Briar Patch up in Amherst while having dinner with friends Friday night. Saturday the wife and I both OCed at LaCaretta Mexican over on Ward's Rd. where a young man and his lady dropped by our table and thanked the wife for OCing (I don't know if they saw me since I was gun-side-in). I ended up doing a bit of shopping while the wife worked and OCed at Star City Powersports and Gander Mountain down in Roanoke and then had dinner at Olive Garden back here in Lynchburg that evening.

After church on Sunday the wife and I headed to The Blue Dahlia over on Graves Mill Rd. where I OCed and then that evening I OCed at Texas Roadhouse for dinner followed by some shopping at the local Wally World nearby. Tonight the wife and I met one of our friends from my work who was in from New Mexico at Ledo's Pizza over on Ward's Rd. for dinner where I OCed. As we headed in we noted a SUV marked with WSET (the local ABC TV station) and we ended up sitting behind news reporter Dhomonique Ricks and an assistant. In all of the places where we OCed we had no issues with any of the customers or shop employees. :)

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Did a bit of OCing this week at the local Texas Roadhouse, Ledo's Pizza, the Neighbor's Place and the Olive Garden this evening. No issues anywhere. One of these days my schedule will slow down and I'll schedule another OC dinner.

So where the heck are my fellow Lynchburg OCers?

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Did a bit of OCing this weekend starting at MC Leather & Sporting Good over in Wyndhurst followed by lunch at LaCaretta over on Wards Rd where the wife OCed as well. Sunday I OCed at the Neighbor's Place for lunch and then OCed at Macado's for dinner followed by Wally World to grab a few personal items. This evening I OCed over at Olive Garden where the wife and I met up and ended up having dinner at Ledo's Pizza where I OCed and we enjoyed ourselves a nice dinner. As is almost always the case, no issues of any sort while OCing and I don't think to many people even noticedexcept at the gun store where the owner asked me what Ruger I was carrying and how I liked it. Good stuff. :)

nuc65

Activist Member
imported post

I've been busy but OCd along the BlackWater Creek Trail, Kroger and Sheetz... I thought I would throw two items in here:

1. Reminder: Lynchburg meeting on April 6th {from VCDL}

Member Joe Seiffert lined up a gun-friendly restaurant for us to go to after our membership meeting in Lynchburg on Tuesday, April 6th:

Monte Carlo
3230 Old Forest Road
Lynchburg, VA.

The meeting will begin at 7 PM and is going to be held at:

Solid Rock Baptist Church
110 Church St
Madison Heights, VA

We will be discussing the legislative session and other things of interest to Virginia gun owners.

VCDL will have a table there for those wishing to purchase some of VCDL's "stuff" ;-)

As with all VCDL membership meetings, they are open to the public, so bring your friends, family and coworkers!

Thanks to Pastor David Cash for letting us use the facility and to Board member Al Steed, Jr. for coordinating.

I'll see you there!

Item 2 - Action Item from GOA
ACTION: Please urge your two Senators to oppose Obama's appointment of Goodwin Liu, the latest anti-gun liberal to be picked for the federal courts. You can use the Gun Owners Legislative Action Center at http://www.gunowners.org/activism.htm to send your legislators the pre-written e-mail message below.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Dida bit of OCing yesterday around town since I had the day off. OCed twice at the local Best Buy while I purchased some speakers then had them installed. Had lunch while OCing at Olive Garden then OCed at the local Logan's Roadhouse over on Wards Rd. I had to head out of town last night so I also OCed at a McDonald's where I stopped for some coffee and a small snack in Lexington, NC just north of Charlotte a bit. No issues anywhere. May OC a bit once I get to Georgia this afternoon.

nuc65

Activist Member
imported post

Quiet in these here parts... working, painting, spring cleaning etc... oc on BWC trail no issues, grocery store (I find it interested that women keep bumping into me on the days I oc there, but on the days I don't nobody bumps into me, this in itself makes me like oc-ing better then cc-ing), a neighbor asked where my gun was the other day when I was walking the dog and I had to let her know she couldn't see it, but I would show her my weapon if she wanted... she got the joke and asked if I had a CHP same as her. I didn't know she had one so we chatted about 5 minutes before dog was chewing my leg off to get going.

For those that don't know the old saying from the military days:
This is my weapon, this is my gun, this is for shooting, this is for fun. We were taught that a piece, a weapon or a side-arm were acceptable terms.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Well I've been OCing around town since the wife and I got back from Florida last Saturday. Heck as soon as I entered Virginia at Danville I began OCing again at the McDonald's on the north side of Danville. Since arriving back in the land of the free and the home of the braveI've OCed all around town at Texas Roadhouse, Olive Garden, The Blue Dahlia, Target, Wal-Mart, Lowe's, Home Depot, Foster's Fuel, Kohl's, Logan's Roadhouse, MC Leather & Sporting Goods, LaCaretta Mexican, Super Shoes, various other shoe stores, and various other spots that I'm sure I've forgotten.

One new spot worth noting is a new restaurant in town called Gerald's in Wyndhurst, not far fromThe Neighbor's Place and in the same place where Schmokey's and Seven Restaurant used to do business.The wife and I ate there for lunch today and were delightfully pleased with their unique high line menu with tasty food and reasonable prices. Although they don't yet have their liquor license I OCed anyway like I do most places and no one seemed to have any issue with it. Both the wife and I look forward to making this place a regular spot in addition to trying a few other new places in town. Hopefully we won't be disappointed. :)

nuc65

Activist Member
imported post

OK, I need to ask if anyone in the Lynchburg area (or anyone outside the area) is interested in an open carry dinner? I had a german colleague ask me about it and I said we might do something. It turns out there are some crazy requirements in Germany just to own a handgun, taxes, required memberships, tests, licenses etc etc...

Anyone interested? Maybe a downtown location?

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Sounds good. You setting it up? What time frame did your German counterpart have? I have to go out of country to New York in a couple weeks so next week would be okey dokey for me. Maybe Blue Dahlia? If you want to take the lead have at it or let me know and I'll post up something.

nuc65

Activist Member
imported post

I am thinking that the place downtown would be interesting. I am forgetting the name (the guy used to own neighbors I think?) and I don't know if they are open for dinner. The Blue Dahlia would also be good. I am thinking maybe 6:30 pm on Wednesday. See if we get some feedback on this. I met a few good people at the VCDL meeting and would like some of them to be able to show as well.

I wonder if the folks at the MC leather have a bulletin board that we could post a notice on?

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I've already done some OCing this week. Monday I OCed at Ledo's Pizza over on Ward's Rd., Tuesday OCed at Neighbor's Place, yesterday OCed at Texas Roadhouse and Sheetz on Wards Rd :)-P to Jero, I didn't get hassled) and then tonight I OCed at another new spot in town called the Hash House downtown. No problems at any place! :)