• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Victory imminent in Alpena.

American Sheepdog

imported post

Below are some excerpts from the Alpena news and a link to a video of a dissertation I gave last night before council.

Two ordinances will be looked over by the City of Alpena's attorney following Monday's municipal council meeting.
The council voted to have attorney Bill Pfeifer look over an ordinance from 1971 regarding firearm possession and the city's proposed zoning ordinance.
City resident Thomas Matos brought the firearm ordinance to the attention of the council after first reading it over a week ago. Matos said the ordinance, which prohibits a person from carrying a gun in public, is superceded by state law and is unnecessary.
Matos, along with area resident Robert Colarusso and US House of Representatives candidate Linda Goldthorpe ( http://www.lindaforcongress.com/ ) spoke against the ordinance during the meeting.
The council unanimously voted, without much discussion, to refer the matter to Pfeifer, who will report on the ordinance at a future meeting.Councilman Shawn Sexton said, assuming Pfeifer's opinion concurs with Matos', the council will either change or remove the language.
"I couldn't imagine we would try to violate state law," Sexton said.
Sexton thanked the residents who attended the meeting and who worked on improving the ordinances. Without Matos, he said, the city likely wouldn't be aware of the 1971 ordinance.
"I think it's important people understand we are representatives of the citizens and we have to be open to citizen input," Sexton said.

I had great feedback and gratitude from several council members and the Chief of Police after the proceedings. It is a pleasure to be accepted in this manner by my local government. It was clear by the language by these people that the State law was clear, and the matter is now in the hands of the City Attorney. My special thanks to Linda Goldthorpe and her fine staff for representing the law in the 1st District. I urge anyone in the first district who is a fan of open carry to support her campaign in any way they can. Her husband is a corrections officer and a former Marine, and they both are staunch 2nd Amendment supporters.
Long live the Republic!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uvaNE37j5E

SpringerXDacp

imported post

Meh, I think that guy in the vid is a shady-looking character and should not have been allowed in the building...He'll ruin it for the rest of us...

:lol: J/K

Good Job

American Sheepdog

imported post

Hey guys! Please feel free to download the video and use it. That's why I put it out for the public to see. This council meeting news was all over the tea party blogs and was heavily covered by the media. I think it was a hit because a guy with big bells wore a gun in the open when a ordinance said he couldn't. How dare some citizen carry a gun in a government (public) building!

Anyhoo, the video is there if anyone wishes to use it for obvious purposes of gun rights. I hope y'all do!
Long Live the Republic!

American Sheepdog

imported post

Just finished an in-studio interview with WBKB TV Channel 11 News. The interview will be aired at 6p and a longer one at 11p tonight, Dec, 8th, 2009. If you live in the Alpena viewing area...chime in!

I will post a link to the video at WBKB website tomorrow.

mikestilly

imported post

American Sheepdog wrote:
Just finished an in-studio interview with WBKB TV Channel 11 News. The interview will be aired at 6p and a longer one at 11p tonight, Dec, 8th, 2009. If you live in the Alpena viewing area...chime in!

I will post a link to the video at WBKB website tomorrow.
Hey if you capture that I'd love to put it up with a copy of ur council video.

American Sheepdog

imported post

Before I left WBKB I asked if I could be provided a copy of the interview. She is going to look into it and I have to call her after 2:30 tomorrow. I don't know the laws concerning capturing the video off their site though. If someone does, that would be helpful if I am not provided a copy.

American Sheepdog

imported post

I just watched a part of it on the news. It was a short clip but HAAAA...the full interview is at 11 and the clip they showed was sure designed to grab viewers. I mentioned Katrina and the crime due to bad gun laws.